Spy Shots: Audi RS4 Avant caught on the right track

Non-technical forum specific to Audi. Good example: Discussion of classic Audi's.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Autoblog wrote:Despite the rumors of its demise, the next-generation Audi RS4 appears to be on track (literally) based on this mule that our spy shooters have just spied on Germany's Nürburgring. Seen here testing in the all-too-desirable Avant body style, the next RS4's final design will likely be a bit more aggressive, incorporating a much more pronounced front fascia complete with lower air intakes similar to those on the RS5 Coupe. On this mule, we can clearly see the larger wheels (straight from the RS5 – how 'bout that), bigger brakes and slightly wider track.

As for power, the safest bet is to expect that the RS5's high-revving 4.2-liter V8 will carry over to the RS4, producing somewhere around 450 horsepower. Other rumors have suggested that an all-new 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 could be put to use here, but based on all of the scuttlebutt we've heard, the 4.2-liter V8 still looks to be the safest bet. Since the RS4's key competitors will be the BMW M3 and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, Audi would probably be wise to use the 450-hp mill in an effort to keep things as competitive as possible. The RS4 will surely be no slouch, and we're bursting with eagerness to see (and drive) the end result.

OK People, I'm going to sell shares in an RS4 Avant. Send me your cash and you'll own part of the Avant I bring back from Germany. :drive: :pimp: :lol:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Spy Shots: Audi RS4 Avant caught on the right track

Post by complacent »

i'd sell a toe or a finger for sure, count me in.

:nana: :bowd:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

I saw an RS6 Avant on the Greenway sometime last year. It had HQ plates on it (i.e. VAG corporate car as that model is not sold here)
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I wish :(

House comes first.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:nana: :banana2: I WANT IT!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

i definitely want one. Nothing like racing with two car seats in the back. :)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm going to look at the S4 Avant and the S3, but I'm afraid that the RS4 is going to be just a little out of my range. :lol: