Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Hard Drive Failure Rates for 2014

Post by Sabre »

BackBlaze

Takeaways: What are The Best Hard Drives
4 TB Drives Are Great

We like every one of the 4 TB drives we bought this year. For the price, you get a lot of storage, and the drive failure rates have been really low. The Seagate Desktop HDD.15 has had the best price, and we have a LOT of them. Over 12 thousand of them. The failure rate is a nice low 2.6% per year. Low price and reliability is good for business.

The HGST drives, while priced a little higher, have an even lower failure rate, at 1.4%. It’s not enough of a difference to be a big factor in our purchasing, but when there’s a good price, we grab some. We have over 12 thousand of these drives.
8)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Hard Drive Failure Rates for 2014

Post by zaxrex »

Well, I feel comfortable now with the drive I have.
Interesting that the HGST manufacturer asked them to rename the drives that were at the time made by Hitachi to HGST.
I can't keep the companies straight
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Hard Drive Failure Rates for 2014

Post by complacent »

backblaze is one of my favorite companies. not only are they employee owned, they build all their own gear, and they share what they learn with the world. very happy to give them my monies.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz