Potomac Motors Auto Body Repair, Alexandria, VA

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Potomac Motors Auto Body Repair, Alexandria, VA

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Where: 8153 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA
(703)780-7200

What: A few months ago I was involved in a quite serious accident (well my car really was the one who drew the short stick, I was mostly fine other than rattled nerves and some minor back pains). Well, if you didn't read the thread it's posted here: Original Accident Thread: http://forums.dcawd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9292
Take a look at those brutal photos if you haven't already. Car was seriously injured (yes I talk to her like she is family).

Well, thanks to some DCAWD folks I took my car to Potomac Auto Body in Alexandria. They were just awesome! The repairs did take longer than I personally expected but they did the work RIGHT. They ordered all the parts my car needed, they had one person working on my car the whole way through (which makes me happier actually: quality vs. quantity) and instead of slapping cheap repairs they went the extra mile to make sure my car was structurally like new. Dave, the shop manager, was exceptional. Dave explained to us exactly what was being done, he showed Adam some diagrams of the repairs. When USAA shorted me on the rental ,the shop stepped in and was awesome enough to make sure I had a loaner.

After I received my car there were some very minor adjustments that needed to be taken care of. I was afraid that they needed to take my car again but they adjusted everything in 20 minutes and I even made it to work on time. The really great part was that they explained to me that they would not put a tint back on my window because they didn't want to miss match my tint. They talked to USAA and arranged it so that all I need to do is take my car back to the shop I got my tints (Winners Window Tint: another really awesome place) and I just need to submit the bill to USAA for reimbursement. So it's great that they thought of these things and that they made me feel welcomed if anything needed to be adjusted on the car.

Finally, I know this sounds really small and perhaps silly, when I got my car back it still had the new car smell. Many people have told me that when they have gotten their car back it no longer smells new. Now I know this is a small detail but I appreciate that they really took care of my car and I. Hopefully, I won't have to EVER go back again but if I do I know that I can count on them to do a fantastic job.
:plusone:

PS. I'll post photos later: I'm getting my tint this week.
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
chicken n waffles

Re: Potomac Motors Auto Body Repair, Alexandria, VA

Post by chicken n waffles »

+1 to everything you mentioned about them.

they took a few extra days after my legacy's unfortunate encounter because, and i quote, "the body shop put it together and wasn't satisfied with the job, so they're doing it again." fine by me. they did an incredible job.
-Ben
alannmoris

Post by alannmoris »

So, where are the photos?
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

alannmoris wrote:So, where are the photos?
They're in 2010
-Ben
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I actually contacted the guy in Cali at the shop that the bot referenced.
He was furious that someone was using his site like that.

User turned out to be from Romania, and actually had a corresponding hotmail address to the shop name.
Either a really smart bot, or an actual human had a hand in it.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

nice...
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Wow I totally forgot to post photos.... lol it has been almost 3 years.... hahaha repairs holding up really nicely!
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
Taixmalwya
I'm a n000b

Post by Taixmalwya »

Hi, lol... They do always well... Awesome service, they all are perfect in his work. :drive: :bowd:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Taixmalwya wrote:Hi, lol... They do always well... Awesome service, they all are perfect in his work. :drive: :bowd:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.