IXIZHood Dampers

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

IXIZHood Dampers

Post by HappyIdiot »

After getting used to my car with the IXIZ SClutch kit installed and then driving Anna's WRX, I felt like a complete noob. I was no where near as smooth as I should have been. So last week, I ordered an SClutch kit for her car, but I thought this would be the perfect time to pick up a set of the IXIZHood dampers for mine. The ones I received were the stainless steel model. The installation was super easy and took maybe fifteen minutes. A second set of hands is nice, but my shoulder worked just fine. No drilling or riveting is required too!

First remove the top bolt from the hood hinge (12 mm) and then the middle fender bolt (10 mm)

Next, attach the top bracket to the top hole of the hood hinge using the supplied bolt (#5 Key). The flat side of the bracket should be facing the front of the car and the ridge side should be flush with the hood/hinge. Next, use your shoulder or extra set of hands to hold the hood up and screw the bottom bolt in (Open 10mm wrench)

Luckily, one of the dampers is strong enough to hold the hood up while you install the other side.

The hood also about an inch higher than stock height. I can't recommend IXIZ Concept's products enough. I've had to contact him a few times about the SClutch kit and future products. Each time, he has been very nice and friendly. He has a few more thing on his site I might pick up too. :nana:
My Name is Adam.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: IXIZHood Dampers

Post by Sabre »

Awesome write up, thanks Adam!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I have a set of dampers that are very similar to these and I've been very happy with them. makes working under the hood just a little easier. :D
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I would like to invest in a set of these, as well as their clutch kit. Both seem pretty swanky.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by missvenezuela85 »

I just want to say that I really love the clutch kit. It makes driving a whole lot smoother and easier for me :drive:
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

This is a good reminder for me to install my hood dampeners! Good write up!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer