Don Beyer Subaru of Alexandria

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Don Beyer Subaru of Alexandria

Post by snaab »

Yesterday on the way to school, my check engine light came on. I called Stohlman, but you are forced to leave a message without speaking to someone.

Then I called Beyer. Not only did someone pick up, I asked if I could come by in an hour and have someone check the code while I waited. He ok'd it and I was there. About 20 mins later I was walking out the door, without charges. It had been the gas cap (mine was broken) and they didn't have any extra on hand.

I walked out of there elated that A) it wasn't something worse, and B) they didn't charge the diagnostic fee.

A+ for Beyer, albeit a minor issue!
RJ
'13 Mazda3
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

they're good for some stuff. i hate salesmen, but i think their sales staff consists of some of the more knowledgable folks out there. and they're all very nice. every time i bring my car there, they know i'm not trying to buy a car, but they let me poke, prod, and otherwise molest the cars on the showroom floor. they love to talk shop.

the service department is hit or miss. they were fantastic on fixing a clutch issue i had under warranty, but they couldn't find or fix a weird windshield vibration issue (due to wind entering a hole in the seal as i found later on).

edit: this was with ye ol former baja
-Ben
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Stohlman usually tries to build a huuuugggeeeee ticket on me. They once told me that my brakes needed changing because they had 30% life left. Then, a year later, they told me the same thing. Right.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

A BIG :plusone: for Byer! They've been the only Suby dealership I've taken my three Imprezas to. Each time the service work (and almost price) have been absolutely amazing.

Couldn't possibly recommend them any higher. Great shop.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Don Beyer is were I purchased my 04 WRX. they aren't perfect, but they're the best dealership I've ever dealt with.
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Don Beyer Subaru of Alexandria

Post by avriette »

snaab wrote:A+ for Beyer, albeit a minor issue!
We're at 11,000 miles with our 06 STI. Beyer has been terrific about everything. I like to tell people the "sales story" I had with them: I went in there after driving an Evo and a CTS-V, and asked to drive a WRX (because they had told us in the past nobody gets to test drive an STI). They (salesman was Tom) pulled around an STI, and had me drive it. Needless to say, I was hooked from that drive and we bought the car (well, actually, we ordered a car, but made the decision that night). The sales department was very helpful with the ordering process, and made sure everything worked out in the process.

The parts and service department has been great, from the initial install of extra parts (like the catback) to continuing care for the car. An example of them being very accommodating was the replacement of the driver's side mirror: Sandy brought the car in complaining that it howled at triple-digit speeds and that it made a sort of sedate whistling at freeway speeds. They ordered the part and replaced it without question. She's almost always the person that brings the car in, and has never had to "explain" anything (for example, "the clutch doesn't feel right").

I'd happily buy another Subaru from them, and may just do that if we see a 3.0 STI in the future.

We see Mike in service and Derek and Tom in sales.
rocket scientist
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Awesome! I forgot the name of the guy I delt with in service. Maybe it's on my receipt somewhere.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Back when my car had a warranty and I lived in Alexandria, I always went to them for service. Carlos I believe was the guy that always helped me out. He was great and I was always very happy with the work they preformed.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Bought my 06 wagon there from Derek( he isn't there anymore :cry: ). Came in he handed me the keys and told me he would see me when I got back. Feel in love w/ the car on the drive came in and an hour later was driving her home. I have been taking her in for service and its been pretty good. Mike is a pretty cool guy and can really get you in when you need to. He also has a cool little supercharged golf. Overal I really like the dealership but it seems there sales staff have all been replaced.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

Hey guys, I never noticed this thread on here at all...silly me! Well i bought my 02 WRX from don beyer and the trunk mat was missing and they gave me a new one for free! Great help with the car but after a couple months of owning the car i could never get a hold of anybody from the dealership and when i would leave my number, they would never get back to me when i needed help! The only way i got help was to go into the dealership and then set an appointment and have to come back! I still recommend the dealership for their service but they could have better communication with customers!
2004 335 AWHP WRB WRX Stage 4
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

mike kentes in the service shop is always very prompt about returning my calls and answering all my questions. call and ask for him specifically.
-Ben
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, it really does come down to the person that you get.

Fortunately it sounds like all the people that I had issues with over the years have moved on and that it is now a better place.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears