P Tuning

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

P Tuning

Post by Mr Kleen »

I stopped by P Tuning on Saturday to have new tires mounted on my existing wheels. I was just a little late because I didn't realize the shop was on the WEST side of Manassas. :oops: A quick call and I was back on track. The new location is really easy to find now that I know what side of the city it's on. :lol:

And what a shop it is! The waiting room had comfortable couches with a plasma showing drift videos and a nice stock of magazines. There was also a table and coffee maker available.

After a few minutes I was treated to a tour. The dyno facilities are unlike any I've seen. The entire dyno is enclosed in a sound proof room with large windows and two HUGE exhaust fans. I can't wait to see it in action. The alignment system is top notch and is "flush mounted" in the floor to accommodate slammed whips. The tire mounting machine is authorized for Ferrari service work, if that tells you anything. Heck, even the shop's air compressor is next gen: it makes less noise than an HVAC unit.

There were a few nice cars in the shop now that they're ramping up after the move. One S2000 in particular caught my eye. I won't spill any beans, but suffice to say I can't wait to see that project when it's finished...

Thanks to the P Tuning crew for taking care of my wheels AND keeping me entertained even longer than the tire swap required. :wink:
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Awesome! I will have to check it out when I need something done beside having the rear end replaced because of an accident :)
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:plusone: To the PTuning folk! Great people, great service and the shop is awesome!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Methinks I know what S2000 you speak of. The one with the 16 sidded, hand welded intake plenum for the turbo?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

zaxrex wrote:Methinks I know what S2000 you speak of. The one with the 16 sidded, hand welded intake plenum for the turbo?
meh-beh... :wink:
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

yea, P-tuning ROCKS!!! their shop is more like a car-topia, the owners are treated to the best waiting area I've ever seen, the shop is top notch and the project cars are insane.

That s2000 is twan's (probably not the way you spell it) the co-owner and its sick!!! I cant wait to see it when its done.
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. Sorry for not being on here more often. Things have been really hectic with the new shop. I'm looking forward to warmer weathers so that i can invite the DCAWD club to the shop for some entertainment--the brass pole is being installed in the upper VIP lounge:)

I'm going to make an attempt to make it to the HT meet this Thursday. See you then.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:the brass pole is being installed in the upper VIP lounge:)

I'm going to make an attempt to make it to the HT meet this Thursday. See you then.
:pics: :ya:

Great news!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, I stopped by PTuning yesterday to get the rear alignment done. Just want to thank MrC for his generosity. Very, very nice, genuine man w/ a good heart. I can usually get a feel for how someone is right off the bat when first meeting them, and that is what I got from him.

On a side note, there was a young (seemed like highschool kid) that was there w/ a buddy and his girlfriend (very cute). I was just minding my own business watching "Torque" on the LCD tv when I felt her checking me out and staring at me a bunch. I just tried to ignore her but she got right next to the tv and started reading a magazine. I could see her keep checking me out in the corner of my eye while I was watching the movie. Her boyfriend got wind to what she was doing and did the whole PDA in front of me (obvious blatant bear hug and kiss) to mark his territory and that it was his girlfriend. :lol: I was married and kept flashing my ring (blatantly) to give them the hint but she kept it up for a good while which brought out his insecurities causing him to talk all suburban gangster w/ his buddy. Whatever. :roll: I just ignored them all and went back to my academy award winning "Torque". :lol:

Anyways, just a thumbs up for MrC and the rest of the crew at PTuning. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Very nice shop as well. I love how clean it is.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Will,

I'm glad we were able to straighten everything out for you. Sorry we didn't have any new movies for you to watch:(

Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:Will,

I'm glad we were able to straighten everything out for you. Sorry we didn't have any new movies for you to watch:(

Cuong
Yes, thank you for everything. I enjoyed talking w/ you.

Don't even sweat the movies. I am a movie guy and it will be hard for you to have anything I haven't seen already :wink:

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

OOOPs!

Last edited by sirwilliam on Wed May 23, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

so nice he posted it twice!
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:so nice he posted it twice!
My bad.

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Want to thank Mr. C and all of PTuning for getting me in so quick and taking care of my alignment yesterday afternoon. I am not going to try and save a buck next time, I will just get it done right. Hopefully, Cobb comes through as per our conversation yesterday. Thanks again.

chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

ptuning's shop rocks. i can't say it enough.

SUPPORT YOUR (good) LOCAL VENDORS, PEOPLE!
-Ben
midnit
Unicycle

Post by midnit »

That's awesome, it's nice to know I've got some good local shops that won't try to BS you about your car. :D
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Will,

I'm glad we could help. We're not the cheapest guys but we try to get it right the first time. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for--nice heated waiting room in the winter, AC in the summer, free drinks while you wait, free video gaming booth, free movies, free wifi, and finally a job done right the first time. If we make a mistake, we'll fix, if we see something wrong with your car, we'll let you know and you can decide what you want to do--we don't try to sell you something you don't need. We're the most honest group of people in a line of business that thrives on ripping off customers.

Now if only I can get someone to call Cobb, so we can start doing some Protunes on the Subie :(

MrC
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote: Now if only I can get someone to call Cobb, so we can start doing some Protunes on the Subie :(
You get COBB to put on the '07XT APs and get the protuning go ahead, you will have my business on the dyno. :wink:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:We're the most honest group of people in a line of business that thrives on ripping off customers.

Now if only I can get someone to call Cobb, so we can start doing some Protunes on the Subie :(

MrC
Agreed on both points! Have you all thought about looking at doing Enginuity tunes?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Just wanted to post up my experience today. I had P Tuning put the springs on and alignment. They did a great job in a timely manner. I sat and played GT4 on the old PS2 and watched 300. It is a great looking shop with good people running it. I give them a thumbs up. :lol:
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I wish I needed something done to the car.

Oh wait, It just got back from the shop after replacing the suspension.

Alignment time!, oh, and maybe some corner balancing.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I need to get back there soon to get my Falkens mounted to my 18 RPF1s.