Update on PTUNING's 15,0000 Sq/ft State-of-the-art Service/T

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Update on PTUNING's 15,0000 Sq/ft State-of-the-art Service/T

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

We are still on track for completion in mid Nov 2006. Here's some pics of the progress on the new PTUNING facility for the month of Sept. 2006. We want to make this a one-stop-shop for all your performance needs. From in stock inventory, to installation, to suspension alignment and setup, to touchless tire mounting and balancing, to ecu programming and dyno tuning, to high performance cnc engine machining and buildup, to custom fabrication and welding.

If you have a lowered vehicle and you've been turned away by other alignment shops because they can't get your car on the alignment rack, don't worry, you finally have a place to take your car to for an alignment. We can even align your car with the wheels off. Here's our in-ground alignment pit being poured.

We've been waiting on the permit for this concrete slab outside, for months. It was finally approved and once it's cured, we'll be assembling the dynocell's exhaust tower on top of it.

The drywall is going up finally.

Here's the staircase to our second level.

PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

Very nice!!! keep up the work and you'll have our cars in there in no time!!

This place is going to be great!!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

spazegun2213 wrote:Very nice!!! keep up the work and you'll have our cars in there in no time!!

Ross, the new facility i showed you just grew from 10,000 sq/ft to 15,000 sq/ft. We're using the extra 5,000 sq/ft to house just our inventory. So now we will have all that extra space--originally allocated for inventory--to use as additional servicing area, this will allow us to take on long term projects, e.g. engine building-up, fabrication, etc.

We will be booking appointments for the month of November shortly here. I will keep you posted. Let me know if anyone needs any servicing done.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

sexy. once i get everything squared away with the STi i think ill have to make a drive down for this. (although you might be seeing the RS at a meet sometime soon julian)
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:
spazegun2213 wrote:Very nice!!! keep up the work and you'll have our cars in there in no time!!

Ross, the new facility i showed you just grew from 10,000 sq/ft to 15,000 sq/ft. We're using the extra 5,000 sq/ft to house just our inventory. So now we will have all that extra space--originally allocated for inventory--to use as additional servicing area, this will allow us to take on long term projects, e.g. engine building-up, fabrication, etc.

We will be booking appointments for the month of November shortly here. I will keep you posted. Let me know if anyone needs any servicing done.
I call being the first one serviced on your nice rack ;)

i mean, when would I be able to get an alignment?

Gone But not forgotten
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

spazegun2213 wrote: i mean, when would I be able to get an alignment?

:plusone:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Cereb Daithi wrote:(although you might be seeing the RS at a meet sometime soon julian)
:)

I'll actually need an alignment before too long as well, haha.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

+12345 for Ptunings customer service. A friend of mine and I stopped in on saturday 5 min before closing and had a 25+ min conversation with the sales guys.

they were great, and i felt so bad when we walked out and they were supposed to be closed :(

Gone But not forgotten
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

i know i sure as hell need an allignment myself..but i can do that around here...

haha poor RS... my front tires are now almost unusable and they are only about 5 months old... i dont even want to know how bad the allignment is. sliding around on the backroads of PA is harsh on a car... you can literally hear the sound of grinding tires over the screech
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Now I just have to get the camber bolts put on and get an alignment. Just in time for winter!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Nihilation
I'm a n000b

Post by Nihilation »

Yea, definitely looking forward to this new shop, where's it located?
99.5 A4 1.8T QM
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

zaxrex wrote:Now I just have to get the camber bolts put on and get an alignment. Just in time for winter!
Maybe we can get a group alignment discount? :D
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Nihilation wrote:Yea, definitely looking forward to this new shop, where's it located?
It's going to be VERY close to you :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

sirwilliam wrote:Maybe we can get a group alignment discount? :D
We're working on it. We'll definitely give you guys a good deal. So how many people are interested in getting an alignment in Nov. when we open. Also is everyone here looking to get there car align to factory spec or is there a dcawd custom-spec alignment, assuming you're suspension has enough camber/toe adjustment. I'm trying to get a rough idea of how many slots you guys might need.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Assuming my car is back on the road, you can add me to that list :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

sabre wrote:Assuming my car is back on the road, you can add me to that list :)
f'in ditto :)
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:Maybe we can get a group alignment discount? :D
We're working on it. We'll definitely give you guys a good deal. So how many people are interested in getting an alignment in Nov. when we open. Also is everyone here looking to get there car align to factory spec or is there a dcawd custom-spec alignment, assuming you're suspension has enough camber/toe adjustment. I'm trying to get a rough idea of how many slots you guys might need.
Well, my car needs an alignment and I will be dropping it 1" so it will definitely need an alignment after that. Not sure what spec I need?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

+1 for me on that list.

I'll be wanting factory specs for the winter roads/tires. The rear is dropped a good deal, but the camber bolts I got should get me within a degree...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

had a couple friends in over the weekend from Lexington. Andy noticed my PTuning key chain and said "Hey, I bought my intake from them online a couple months ago!" it's a small world... 8)
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Mr Kleen wrote:had a couple friends in over the weekend from Lexington. Andy noticed my PTuning key chain and said "Hey, I bought my intake from them online a couple months ago!" it's a small world... 8)
We've been online since 1999. A LOT of people know about us for years. The only market we haven't capture is the hardcore Subaru/Evo/350z/s2000/SRT-4/VW/BMW/Audi owners and that's because we never did servicing in the past. But all that is going to change with the new shop:)

As most of you already know, we have a huge market with the Scion community. We are currently working on an engine development program for the Scion Tc Engine (2AZFE). The motor is basically a 2.4L (88.5mm bore/96mm stroke) aluminum block/head with coated aluminum cylinder. We are planning to develop the following components for this motor to make it withstand the pressures of forced induction (30-40psi):

- ducticle iron cylinder sleeve
- custom forged piston
- custom billet connecting rods
- coated ACL main and rod bearings
- coated piston skirt, piston crown, including underneath piston coating
- lightened/balanced oem forged crankshaft/and or custom billet crank
- Balancer eliminator kit
- custom piston oil-squirter (factory block does not have any)
- custom billet main caps
- ARP main studs
- ARP head studs
- custom head gasket
- o-ringing block
- cnc cylinder head porting/blending
- custom nitrite-coated stainless steel intake valves
- custom iconel oversize exhaust valve
- custom HD dual valve springs
- custom titanium retainers
- custom racing-style valve keepers
- custom bronze valve guides
- custom valve seals
- all rotating assembly with be computerized balanced
- crankshaft will be balanced down to 0.2 gram from end to end. FYI, 2 gram is consider a very good balance for a racing engine and 5 gram is consider a very good balance for a good street motor.
- and much more

We are spending a lot of time and money working with our machinist and cnc programmer to come up with the blueprint spec for this motor so that all cylinder and head work can be done on a 4th and 5th axis CNC machining center.

We may take on the STi motor as our next project. Most of the development on the Evo/eclipse 4g63 motor are in place.

This post will probably be deleted next week--don't want to give our competitors any ideas:)
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Ohhh Steeeeve. Better watch where you keep your keys, or we might just kidnap your Tc and leth these guys "have their way" with it...

And tell Kuong(sp?) that I have acquired another EJ 2.0 block that I want to get coated pistons put in, if y'all want to get your hands dirty on a Subaru block. I also still have the monster 2.5 block that needs to be re-sleeved and new bearings after the 2.0 is done.

LMK
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Zak, it might be easier to tell them the extra parts you DON'T have laying around. :lol:

I'll make sure Steve sees this thread... :twisted:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Funny, I'm looking at a new motor's right now... you all interested in starting on Subaru motor's early? ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

sabre wrote:Funny, I'm looking at a new motor's right now... you all interested in starting on Subaru motor's early? ;)
Julian,

Before we take on an engine buildup for the EJ motors, we would like to sit down with some of the members to discuss the details on the engine, including the different versions, the strengths and weaknesses, the ins and outs of what works and what doesn't. Anything is possible. It's going to cost us a pretty penny to do the initial tooling for the first motor but if there's a demand for it, we may consider taking on the project.

Do you guys think there's a demand for complete assembled short block and long block or just engine components. We would rather sell or rebuild complete short/long blocks that way we know it was properly machined/mic/balanced/assembled properly.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:Funny, I'm looking at a new motor's right now... you all interested in starting on Subaru motor's early? ;)
So your engine had problems also? You got it tested?