Update on PTUNING's 15,0000 Sq/ft State-of-the-art Service/T

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ Yep, compression is definitely off on #4 :(

Cuong:
I think between Zak, Darrin, Colin and myself we could definitely give you the specs and opinions that you are looking for. It seems that most of the interest is in buying short blocks and then having a different shop assemble that into a long block.

There are things like taking the EJ22T engine and boring it out to 2.65 or even 2.8l, different heads (v7 vs v8) etc. that we could definitely get into.

Do you think you all can make it to the next meet? It will be this coming Monday at Dave and Busters.... speaking of which, I should post it up!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

sabre wrote:^^^ Yep, compression is definitely off on #4 :(

Cuong:
I think between Zak, Darrin, Colin and myself we could definitely give you the specs and opinions that you are looking for. It seems that most of the interest is in buying short blocks and then having a different shop assemble that into a long block.

There are things like taking the EJ22T engine and boring it out to 2.65 or even 2.8l, different heads (v7 vs v8) etc. that we could definitely get into.

Do you think you all can make it to the next meet? It will be this coming Monday at Dave and Busters.... speaking of which, I should post it up!
Julian,

i will definitely try to make it. Try to bring any articles, tech specs, etc. and we can talk. Let me know which monday.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Wow, sorry to hear that...that really sucks.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

sirwilliam wrote:
Wow, sorry to hear that...that really sucks.
Julian,

Did you do a leak down test to see where you're losing compression from (rings, valve, etc) ?
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

No, unfortunately all I know how to do is the simple test, not a leak down. I'm going to do it again tomorrow to verify. There were somethings that I needed to do to get a better measurement that I was not able to the other night. All that's done now, so I should be able to tell a little more how bad the damage is.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.