State-of-the-art Service/Tuning Facility Coming Soon

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

State-of-the-art Service/Tuning Facility Coming Soon

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

We would like to take this opportunity to introduce our company PTUNING. For the last 1 1/2 years, we've been busy working out the logistics for our new facility, which we hope will be completed by late fall of this year.

Our new facility will offer the following services:

4-wheel 3D imaging alignment with inground-lift to accomodate lowered vehicles.
Corner balancing
Touchless tire mounting
Tire balancing with radial runout
Dynocell-enclosed AWD dyno tuning (Dyno Dynamics AWD (2400WHP Steady State) quad-retarder loading dynanometer--one of only two in North America)
General installation
Minor fabrication
Nitrous Refill
Nitrogen tire inflation
and much more...

And, of course, we're also a fully-stocked warehouse distributor for most of the brands we carry. Our new facility will be located in the heart of Manassas, VA--a few miles from our current location.

We look forward to serving the DCAWD community.

Cuong
Last edited by MrC@ptuning.com on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

PTUNING.COM (Dyno Cell Blueprint)

We finally broke ground today with the buildout for our facility. We will keep you update on our progress (including pics). We are expecting our facility to be completed sometime in late Oct. to early Nov. Below is the blue print for our Chassis Dynocell. This dynocell was custom designed to our spec inorder to be able to house our quad-retarder Dyno Dynamics dyno. There are two 48" axial fan in the exhaust tower, these fans are capable of moving 60,000-65,000 cfm of air in and out of the dynocell. Which means that the air in the dynocell are completed exchanged with fresh air at a rate of 10 times per minute, giving the dynocell's 6000 cubic feet dimension. This means no more heat-soak, and contaminated intake air from the cars exhausted gas and engine heat during a dyno session.

Our customers will be able to watch their cars run on the dyno through the soundproof glass on one side of the dynocell. This means no more coming home from a dyno run smelling like exhaust fumes, or loosing your hearing from listening to the loud exhaust pipes.

Here's a picture of our dual 8' long exhaust silencers, it will be connected to the outlet of the customer's exhaust system to further reduce noise during a dyno session. Don't worry about exhaust flow restrictions--each of the silencers have an 8" full-flow exhaust chamber. Your car would have to flow a couple of thousand hp for the silencer to become a restriction.

PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Wow, that is looks beautiful from the architectuals! I can't wait to see it in motion!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

sabre wrote:Wow, that is looks beautiful from the architectuals! I can't wait to see it in motion!
Thanks Julian, Here's a photo of us breaking ground for our in-ground alignment rack. We'll be able to align pretty much any vehicle, even if it's only a an inch or two off the ground. No more damaging your front spoiler trying to drive up a steep ramp.

And here's what our Dyno Dynamics Lowboy AWD Quad-retarder dyno will look like. Except our's include the front wheel stabilizer option.

Cuong
Last edited by MrC@ptuning.com on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Hey, looks and sounds sweet! Good luck on the new business!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I had purchased an intercooler from PTuning when I still had my 04WRX and was very pleased with the service and the price. Very much looking forward to seeing more out of this facility. Kudos, keep up the good work!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

complacent wrote:I had purchased an intercooler from PTuning when I still had my 04WRX and was very pleased with the service and the price. Very much looking forward to seeing more out of this facility. Kudos, keep up the good work!
Complacent,

Thanks you for the kind word. We are looking forward to extending our customer service into the servicing aspect of our business. We're hoping this "one-of-a-kind" tuning facilility will put Virginia on the map. When we have our grand opening this fall, expect a huge event at our new facility. We will try to invite many of the reps from the various vendors we deal with, including: Greddy, Exedy, Injen, Fujita Air, Mackin Industries (Volk, Advan), Tanabe, Racing Brake, etc.

Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Wow! Now that looks like a high-tech, highly professional installation. I'm looking forward to seeing that during your Grand Opening!

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Cuong,
Thanks for coming out to the meet tonight, it was great to be able to put a face with the person that I have been talking to online! I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk more, hopefully we can at the next meet!
Take care,
Julian
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

sabre wrote:Hey Cuong,
Thanks for coming out to the meet tonight, it was great to be able to put a face with the person that I have been talking to online! I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk more, hopefully we can at the next meet!
Take care,
Julian
Julian,

Thanks for having us. We all had a good time talking to some of your members. It was nice to talk about cars with a crowd that was mature for once. We've been to a lot of meets and it's amazing how certain cars attract a certain age group.

I wanted to stay a little longer to chat with you guys since i was so busy stuffing myself with the D&B ribs most of the night. But it's hard convincing the wife that she has to watch 2 kids and a newborn so her husband can go hang out all night with the guys.

It will take me a while to figure out whos who on this forum. I didn't get a chance to hear the whole story on what happened to your STi. Did you post something on that on this site?

Regards,
Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

Yes if my brain could've actually put 2 and 2 together I would have liked to talk to you about a tune on my 05 WRX w/AP. Definately next meet if you make it with your busy opening/building schedule. 8)
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

GeneralGrievous wrote:Yes if my brain could've actually put 2 and 2 together I would have liked to talk to you about a tune on my 05 WRX w/AP. Definately next meet if you make it with your busy opening/building schedule. 8)
GG,

We're you there at D&B last night? Sorry, i didn't get a chance to talk to everyone. I would have love to find out more about the various mods that everyone is running on their car, including the pros and cons of each.

Is there an issue with your AP tune? FYI, i spoked with Scott from CobbTuning a few months back about becoming a Protuner facility for the AP in NoVA, since we were also interested in the AP for the Evo and 350z AP (In development). There are other ecu-flash based software out there (ecutek, ecuflash, etc.) But the thing that peak our interest with the AP was the fact the the AP uses a Rom-type emulator that allowed the tuner to tune the maps in realtime (live map tracing). This to us, was a powerful feature only offer in a stand-alone or a few piggy-back/interceptor system. Also the ability for the end-user to switch between maps without reflashing the rom is also a big plus.

We've spent a great deal of resources buying the best loading dyno in the industry and designing a custom dynocell to facilate the tuning process for a reason; The ability to do steady-state tuning at any given rpm/load will provide our tuner with the tools to fully map an ecu. Using an inertia dyno, making pulls, reading the datalog, making some minor changes, doing more pulls, and interpolating all the cells we couldn't hit is not what we would considered a fully tuned car. Sure you could tune for full throttle, max rpm, full acceleration, but how often do you drive your car at full acceleration. For us having a street car that is fast when the gas peddle is to the floor, but stumbles and hesitates everywhere else is hardly a good tune.

Anyways, back to the AP. There are a few "unamed" shops in the area that are AP protuner shop and according to Cobb, the only way we will be able to become a protuner facility is if one of the following things happen: PM me if you want to know more...

Sorry for dragging that one on. So what's questions do you have about the AP on your WRX?

Regards,
Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

I was at D&B last night and it didnt dawn on me when you guys pulled up in the PTune Evos till I saw your post. If I was more "with it" I'd have talked to you last night. Well as you know (better than I) the AP maps you can download arent designed to support any aftermarket intakes. I have a Blitz SUS and would like to possibly install it after I go to Stg 2. Just curious about how you'd go about that and how much time/money it would cost for you guys to dial it in for me.... TKS 8)
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

GeneralGrievous wrote:I was at D&B last night and it didnt dawn on me when you guys pulled up in the PTune Evos till I saw your post. If I was more "with it" I'd have talked to you last night. Well as you know (better than I) the AP maps you can download arent designed to support any aftermarket intakes. I have a Blitz SUS and would like to possibly install it after I go to Stg 2. Just curious about how you'd go about that and how much time/money it would cost for you guys to dial it in for me.... TKS 8)
TKS,

Unfortunately, if you have just the AccessPort, you're limited to what Cobb provides for the various AP map downloads. If you're interested in fine tuning your setup with an aftermarket intake, you may want to consider the StreeTuner software. This will allow you or a tuner to make a custom map for your particular setup. As i've said in my previous post, we had inquire with cobb about becoming a protuner which would give us the software to custom tune a map for any AP-equipped vehicle, but due to regional restrictions, we cannot setup a protuner account with them. But for those who are interested in getting a custom tune with their AP, I suggest that you get the StreetTuner software. We would love to become a protuner, which would eliminate the need for you to buy the StreeTuner software just for your car.

As already you know, we are in the process of building our facility, until our dyno is up and running, i would not want to offer you just a custom "road tune". The only way we would do it, is on a dyno that way we can tell you exactly how much of a difference in power, the new tune made. Don't get me wrong, a road tune is important, but only after a thorough dyno tune. We would do the road tune to fine tune the drivability, e.g. acceleration, deceleration, idle, etc.

Remember, the power is in the ignition, not the AFR, the AFR is merely used for controlling detonation by controlling the combustion temp--ideally, you would want to run as lean as possible for fuel efficiency, but not to the point of detonation. The cooler you can make the intake charge temperature, the denser the intake charge will be, allowing you to add more fuel, add more timing, run more boost and make more power.

Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

can't wait for the grand opening, looks like you're setting up an A1 facility. eventually I'll be in the market for a pro-tune but that's a couple years down the road. hopefully by then you'll have the licensing agreements all worked out. cream rises... :wink:
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Making Progress

Here's more pics of the alignment rack pit and the a few lifts.

PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Looking beautiful!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

wish my office looked like that... :cry:
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

How much for a custom alignment? Nothing to fancy lots of camber no toe, the usual. I have had 4 alignments done on just my subaru in the last 18 months and now i have a race car ;)

you all are close to me so i might be there all the time :)
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

spazegun2213 wrote:How much for a custom alignment? Nothing to fancy lots of camber no toe, the usual. I have had 4 alignments done on just my subaru in the last 18 months and now i have a race car ;)

you all are close to me so i might be there all the time :)
spazegun2213,

Ask me this again when our facility is completed. We don't have all the pricing worked out this this moment, but the price will be competitive.

With our alignment system, we will able to save custom alignment spec. Say for example, Julian had his STI's suspension setup to his spec by us and someone decided they wanted to run the exact same setup on their STI, we can pull the specs up and the alignment system will tell us exactly how much to correct, to meet Julian's spec.

Obviously, if you just wanted your car to be corrected to OEM spec (within a given acceptable range), the labor time involved would be much less than if you wanted your alignment down to the .01" or .1 degree, etc.

BTW, why so many alignments? Did you change your ride height or you just wanted to dial in your suspension? Are you running coil-overs?

Regards,
Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:
spazegun2213,

Ask me this again when our facility is completed. We don't have all the pricing worked out this this moment, but the price will be competitive.

With our alignment system, we will able to save custom alignment spec. Say for example, Julian had his STI's suspension setup to his spec by us and someone decided they wanted to run the exact same setup on their STI, we can pull the specs up and the alignment system will tell us exactly how much to correct, to meet Julian's spec.

Obviously, if you just wanted your car to be corrected to OEM spec (within a given acceptable range), the labor time involved would be much less than if you wanted your alignment down to the .01" or .1 degree, etc.

BTW, why so many alignments? Did you change your ride height or you just wanted to dial in your suspension? Are you running coil-overs?

Regards,
Cuong
1 performance alignment before, i added aprings, 1 after, 1 for the test springs and 1 after that ;) I'm partly sponcored by gtworx.com so i got some suspension stuff.

The race car will be getting alignments a LOT due to me making changes in the settings.

also, will you all do corner balancing?

Gone But not forgotten
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

spazegun2213 wrote:1 performance alignment before, i added aprings, 1 after, 1 for the test springs and 1 after that ;) I'm partly sponcored by gtworx.com so i got some suspension stuff.

The race car will be getting alignments a LOT due to me making changes in the settings.

also, will you all do corner balancing?
Yes, we will definitely be doing corner balancing. We should also be able to provide you with an optional printout for Cross/Left/Rear/Total. We may even be able to compute the center of gravity height on your vehicle.

If your car is using strut-coilovers with a top-adjustable camber plate (WRX, Evo, etc.), we can definitely provide you with different camber angle readings that correspond to the various adjustment marks on the camber plate. This way you will no exactly what each mark represent in camber angles, in case you need to make changes at the track. Keep in mind though that changing the camber angle will also change the toe angle on most suspension systems.

How much negative camber are you running on the front and rear now? And is this on street tires or r-compound? If you're running full-coilovers you should definitely get your car corner balanced (with driver in seat or sandbags) otherwise you're not getting your money's worth out of running coilovers.

Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

SWEET! having a shop like yours around the corner is going to be great!!!

As for corner balancing, this would be just for the race car. I have a 944 with koni's and fron coil overs the rear are torsion bars for now. But i have no idea what its current alightment and i should get camber plates soon as well. I'll be changing so much on this car and i need some place to get it sorted out.

Gone But not forgotten
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Coool.
Usually I just have to wait to see a company's attitude towards their customers and their willingness to help, those are almost always a black mark against them for me, and don't get to earn my money.

With you guys, I got to talk nuts and bolts, hear your business philosophy, and see the dedication that you have to the new venture. I would much rather drive to Chantilly than Gaithersburg/Woodbridge and get better service from you guys.

Damnit, this is going to be one place where it is going to require restraint in spending, whereas other places I find faults with easily and provide justifications for not spending money...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

zaxrex wrote:Coool.
Usually I just have to wait to see a company's attitude towards their customers and their willingness to help, those are almost always a black mark against them for me, and don't get to earn my money.

With you guys, I got to talk nuts and bolts, hear your business philosophy, and see the dedication that you have to the new venture. I would much rather drive to Chantilly than Gaithersburg/Woodbridge and get better service from you guys.

Damnit, this is going to be one place where it is going to require restraint in spending, whereas other places I find faults with easily and provide justifications for not spending money...
Zaxrex,

Are you the one with the aquamist pump at the D&B meet? Just trying to figure out who's who. When it comes to talking nuts & bolts, i'm all ears. I enjoy discussing anything technical, especially when it comes to cars and motorcycles.

The types of equipment we've obtained are the top-of-the-line and state-of-art. You can be the most knowledgeable technician in the world, but without the proper tools and equipments, there's not much you can accomplish.

We look forward to earning your business and your respect.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110