SubyDude WTF??!?!?!

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

SubyDude WTF??!?!?!

Post by Mr Kleen »

I've been having a heck of a time with my last order from SubyDude.

SubyDude has a special package deal with Electrical boost and oil pressure gauge and the Autometer dual gauge bezel. Friday (7/14) I called to see if I could get the same deal but with a mechanical boost gauge. the guy said sure, but they were out of stock on the mech. boost. he offered to call their supplier to find out when they would get more in. after about 4 minutes on hold he came back and said they would be in stock on Monday, Tuesday at the latest (7/17-18 ). good deal, I thought.

on Monday (7/24) I called to ask about my order. I had a receipt but no shipping/tracking info all week long??? the salesman said that the mech. boost was out of stock. he asked from my number and said he would contact their supplier and call be back with a ship date within an hour. he never called back.

on Tuesday (7/25) I got my credit card statement and they had charged me for the entire $345 amount, but I still had no idea of a ship date. when I called I was put on hold for 10 minutes, then when I asked about my order the latest guy said "we're out of stock on the mechanical boost gauges."

really? you don't say? when I explained the entire situation to the guy he said "you have to pay for an order when you place it." I explained that when he received an order he has to ship it. he said he would refund my shipping charge (all $9 of it) for my trouble, asked for my number and said he would call back with a ship date.

I'm still waiting for somebody, ANYBODY, from SubyDude to call back... :banghead:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Run over to speed unlimited and pick up a boost gauge. Have SD remove that infamous out of stock gauge at retail price credit.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Wow, that really sucks. Sorry to hear of your troubles. When I ordered my first set of Rotas and tires, it was great service and fast shipping.

I would definitely post this over on Nabisco if you haven't already. I no subydude is pretty good about check those threads...especially in the vendor forsale thread of their own :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

going to post on NASIOC tonight after I call them. again. :roll:

i'll check out speed unlimited.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

yeah, but I don't like those gauges or that housing.

THIS was the package I was looking at, except with the mechanical boost vice electric. they gave me a good price, if they'd bother to ship it (or let me know when they might ship it...)
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I was going to buy the Omori gauges as well, but gave up after much of what you are going through. I think the Omori Mech Boost Guage is a bit of a chimera and I could never find one, so I went with the VDO mech boost and EGT set-up I have now. They look very similar to the stock gauges and come with white, green and red color lamp colors.

I got my set-up from here: www.egauges.com
I got the VDO Vision series. The mech boost gauge goes for $30 and the EGT with probe goes for $121

They also have the auto meter 2 gauge bezel for $70
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Sub ... ster_Bezel
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

forgot to call tonight, going to call tomorrow and just cancel the damn order. they've promised THREE TIMES to call back and haven't called back once. :censor:

going to call tomorrow, and then post the entire story on nabisco.

I'll have a look at those gauges too. thanks Darrin. :!:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I think the VDO gauges are about as "stock" looking it gets.
You can take a look at my set-up next thursday and see what you think.
Or sooner, if you are looking to make a decision before then.
It's hard to beat the price.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I may switch my order to this IF they're in stock that is... :roll:

I definitely want to check out your gauge setup, maybe Sunday?
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I'm down for sunday. We'll see how many of us show.
Remember, I'm the cheap guy in the club. If you know I've done something, you can be sure I did it the least expensive way possible.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I don't know about that, you and Zak might be in a tie.... ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Actually, Zak and I coordinate on "How to Mod on the Cheap!"
It's a bi-monthly how-to for low-budget high-performance modification.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm all about cost/benefit analysis. I'll spend money when the situation warrants, but I'll go cheap when ever possible. a penny saved is a penny I can put toward a set of Tien coilovers. :wink:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

If you want to try my set-up your welcome to give it a spin.
I didn't go as cheap as I would have liked, but I'm very pleased with the results. I'm almost afraid to try it at level 3 or 4.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

UPDATE: called back for a third time today. I got the guy who originally took my order and explained what had happened. when he checked the inventory again, they were still out of stock. I asked to change my order to the single pod an 45mm gauge. not only did he discount the price from $160 to $145, but he threw in free overnight shipping (and 2 apologies).

my faith is restored. sort of. from now on I'll ask for SubyDude personally...