RavSpec Online

Had an experience with a vendor in the last 2 years? Post it up!

Moderator: Moderators

RavSpecOnline.com was ...

Great! - Great price and service
No votes
Great! - Expensive, but worth it. Great service
33%
Good - OK price and good service
33%
Good - Good price and ok service
No votes
Neutral - OK price and service
No votes
Bad! - Cheap and bad service
No votes
Bad! - Expensive and bad service
33%

Total votes: 3

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

RavSpec Online

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I ordered some mesh foglight covers from RavSpecOnline.com. While I was delighted to find painted and unstenciled mesh covers on their site (most of this type of cover already have the "STi" stenciling on them - I'm not a fan of this), the covers themselves are a little disappointing.

The brackets that are included didn't line up with the screw holes on the front of the covers. At least they snap in and are very secure. However, the empty hole on the front is a bit of an eye-sore. Guess that's what I should expect for only $100 (compare to $200 for the "official" mesh covers).

Apart from the disappointing product, the shipping was fast (they're located in Long Island, NY) and the site is reasonable. Selection of products appears to be fairly random and a little limited. Overall, it's not bad.

--Alan
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I bought a STi gearset upgrade from them for Andrew to install. Thank God Andrew knew his stuff and cared about his work.

RavSpec sent the wrong synchros for the version gears that they sent him, not once, not twice, but three times.

Prices were high (hardly any competition at that time), and their lack of service meant that I had to wait a month to get the tranny.

No sorry, no offers for discounts, not even an X-mas note...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears