First time drag racing, how'd I do?

Track days? F1? Put it here!

Moderator: Moderators

FreddyG
Bicycle

First time drag racing, how'd I do?

Post by FreddyG »

First time drag racing on a drag strip ever. TP stage 3 tune with supporting mods. How'd I do? I was on the right side. Any critiques :mrgreen:
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: First time drag racing, how'd I do?

Post by Sabre »

First time out?!?! DAMN, that is impressive!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

Sabre wrote:First time out?!?! DAMN, that is impressive!
I honestly was shaking when I pulled up. I've always watched but I've never actually done it. First time I got 13.5 because I left traction control on, went around for a second run and got this with traction control off. I don't want to count the first one since i was just dumb and forgot to turn off traction control :wink: . I raced my buddies evo the first time around and won me some free dinner, he did a 14 :owned:
- USAF Ammo Troop
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

If you recall our conversation I said that if you hit around 108 to 110 MPH trap speeds you should run a sub 13, I said to expect around 12.6 to 12.8 depending on reaction speed and 60 time. I had also said you should expect to be running about 300 whp / 320 lb/ft (Dynojet) with those times.

Dude you nailed it! Those are exactly what I would expect a car with your mods to run. Yes, your reaction times and 60 could improve a bit, but those are great numbers, especially for a first time out.

Seriously, congrats!
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

drwrx wrote:If you recall our conversation I said that if you hit around 108 to 110 MPH trap speeds you should run a sub 13, I said to expect around 12.6 to 12.8 depending on reaction speed and 60 time. I had also said you should expect to be running about 300 whp / 320 lb/ft (Dynojet) with those times.

Dude you nailed it! Those are exactly what I would expect a car with your mods to run. Yes, your reaction times and 60 could improve a bit, but those are great numbers, especially for a first time out.

Seriously, congrats!
i absolutely remember this, you were spot on! I didn't launch it hard since i didn't want to be too rough with it but a better time would be nice. My friends were impressed to I honestly didn't think a 12.8 was that good of a time until I got a few compliments.
- USAF Ammo Troop
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

FreddyG wrote:I didn't launch it hard since i didn't want to be too rough with it but a better time would be nice. My friends were impressed to I honestly didn't think a 12.8 was that good of a time until I got a few compliments.
Yeah, take it easy on the launches. A mid/low 12 1/4 mile isn't worth a new clutch or tranny.
Any sub 13 sec. is very quick. You are also trapping close to 110 mph which is also impressive.
12.6 to 12.8 @ 108 to 110 mph is M3 / RS5 / C63 / CTS-V fast. Generally speaking.