2013 Baltimore Grand Prix

Track days? F1? Put it here!

Moderator: Moderators

thermatico
Yugo owner

Re: 2013 Baltimore Grand Prix

Post by thermatico »

2014 is a No Go - Bummer.
Andretti Sports Marketing learned today that Race On, the owner of the Grand Prix of Baltimore, would not return to the Charm City in 2014. Race On was unable to coordinate a workable date for the 2014 event with the multiple entities involved in scheduling. Andretti Sports Marketing worked diligently in recent weeks to coordinate and explore all alternative options on behalf of Race On.

"On behalf of all of us at Andretti Sports Marketing, we want to thank the many sponsors of our racing companies who rallied behind the Grand Prix of Baltimore. It has been our pleasure to work with Race On, the City of Baltimore, the INDYCAR Series and the American Le Mans Series. We thank all of our friends at SRT and Chrysler Group for their support of the Baltimore event as its presenting sponsor. It was a great experience working with the fans in Baltimore and the community and hopefully one day we will be back," said Michael Andretti, CEO of Andretti Sports Marketing.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, I just saw that... real bummer :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

The news report I heard was that 2015 is off too. Race is probably dead.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I missed all the fun. :(