Restaurant Review: Maple Avenue

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Restaurant Review: Maple Avenue

Post by Katya4me »

Vienna, VA, 22180

http://www.mapleaverestaurant.com

This restaurant opened in August 2009 and a co-worker recommended it this past month. We went on 2 Saturdays ago with friends and had a terrific time. With 6 people, reservations were strongly recommended and worked out well. The restaurant is fairly small, with front and back dining rooms the seated less than 25 in each each dining area. Also, parking is limited, but you can park across the street too. Food was very tasty and portion sizes were good, allowing room for dessert. :D The restaurant specializes in sustainable and organics, which is reflected in the menu selection as I was able to order an organic raspberry ale. And they have chicken and waffles!!!! Shawn said they were delicious while I indulged in the locally grown beet salad and shrimp & grits from the small plates menu. Definitely a keeper and if you're in Vienna, I encourage you to check it out. :)
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Restaurant Review: Maple Avenue

Post by complacent »

That's a cool looking menu! We may have to trek out that way to check it out. Thanks. :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Awesome, thanks for the review! I'll definitely have to check it out :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

sounds good, thanks for the tip!
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I've been meaning to get up there. The first couple months there would be as many people waiting outside as were eating inside, its calmed down pretty well now.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.