Korean BBQ

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Korean BBQ

Post by captainslow »

Just wondering if anyone here likes it, and if you've never had it - shame on you! Right in this area in Annandale is the Shangri'la of Korean BBQ. I've eaten it in many far away lands, but Honey Pig on Columbia Pike has the best kalbi I've ever had, well second to my mom's.

I'm checking out Sorak Garden soon. My friend says it trumps even Honey Pig and he knows his Korean BBQ.

Anyway, if there are any fans here, maybe we could do a night out for some bulgogi, kalbi, and soju :D
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Korean BBQ

Post by Sabre »

Any chance you can wait a week? I'm definitely up for it! We've done it a couple of times, but I'm sure everyone would be up for it again!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by captainslow »

Yechon's pretty good. Nice to see you guys are KBBQ connoisseurs. I'm in good company.

I went to Sorak Garden last night so I'm good for a while. It's not as hip as Yechon or Honey Pig so it was easier to get a seat. But the kalbi was top notch. And when we go, I'm thinking we should lay off on the soju. Some people in my party had a little trouble with the cops afterward... :headsmack:
VietGuy
I walk to work

Post by VietGuy »

Me ♥ Korean BBQ
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Only place I have tried locally was Heebeen.
I liked it because there were lots of non-meat options besides the ponchon (which were fair).
Last time I ate for real was in a place in Pyongteak, south of Seoul. Everybody else said it was the best that they have ever had. The civil defense force guys gave me trouble on account of my soju intake.

I'd come out and hang just for fun when this comes together.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Blixa wrote:... I'm thinking we should lay off on the soju. Some people in my party had a little trouble with the cops afterward... :headsmack:
Oh, that sucks :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.