Beer Planet: A Voyage of Discovery

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Beer Planet: A Voyage of Discovery

Post by Mr Kleen »

Beer Planet: A Voyage of Discovery to the World's Great Beers and Brewing Cultures

A friend of mine invited me to check this out. I'm going to the NASA event at Summit Point the same day, but thought it might interest some of you.
Take your taste buds on a vicarious tour of the world's major brewing cultures— Germany, Belgium, the British Isles, and the United States. Enjoy a selection of flavorful brews from each nation as you learn how the beer styles of these cultures reflect the societies that created them. You'll taste clean, crisp lagers from Germany, the land that made beer purity a law five centuries ago. Then you'll slip across the Rhine to Belgium, where brew masters still ply their craft in Medieval ways by making funky beers from just about anything that can be fermented—from raw wheat, to sugar, to fruit, to coriander. Next, cross the Channel to the British Isles, where eons ago, ales of floral hoppiness and estery fruitiness were born. Finally, sail to the United States, where brewers have taken the best of the Old World and created their own melting pot of styles. While you are making your beer discoveries, internationally renowned brewer and author Horst Dornbusch explains what makes these beer cultures unique.

The program is coordinated by Jim Dorsch, editor and publisher, American Brewer magazine, and Greg Kitsock, editor, Mid-Atlantic Brewing News, and beer columnist for the Washington Post.

QUICK TIX CODE: 1M2-476

Participants may purchase lunch on their own.
Brickskeller
1523 22nd Street, NW Washington, DC
Metro: (Dupont Circle Metro, Red line)