Moving: Muscles for Beer?

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Moving: Muscles for Beer?

Post by Katya4me »

Hey all,

Shawn and I are moving to a house w/ a garage in Woodbridge this weekend. Yay!! The only downside is we have a gorgeous huge couch that we got because our current roommate's g-parents didn't want to move it. Now, it's ours and it is big and heavy and we have to get it up a flight of stairs to get it out of our current townhouse. In exchange for someone(s) will to assist us in moving this on Saturday, I will provide beer and afterwards, we might even be up to grilling in the new backyard. :D
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hmm, this might be an opportunity to sport the trailer this weekend. You guys have something to move it in?

I can only do it on Saturday, as Sunday is reserved for hockey.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

I would, but I'm at the track this weekend...

congrats on moving though!!!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I might have some time on Saturday, not sure yet.. I'll post up again closer to the weekend. My parents are coming into town. :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I may be able to lend a hand. I'm not sure where you guys live now.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Mr Kleen wrote:I may be able to lend a hand. I'm not sure where you guys live now.
Thanks guys. :) We live in Bailey's Cossroads right now. We are borrowing Shawn's parent's F-150 for the move.
Last edited by Katya4me on Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

so is it just a huge couch, or the entire apartment? :shock: I need to know what I'm getting myself into here... :wink:
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Mr Kleen wrote:so is it just a huge couch, or the entire apartment? :shock: I need to know what I'm getting myself into here... :wink:
LOL, actually...it is a 2 master bedroom 2 story condo and a storage unit that you'll be packing up by yourself in less than 6 hours. :twisted:

JK
We're taking off work on Thursday and Friday and hope to have a lot of stuff moved over the course of those 2 days. It is more the big things that will be an issue, the bed, couple of dressers, couch and probably the bookshelf. I think the 2 of us can lift most everything else.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

You are more than welcome to borrow my trailer if your trick has a hitch receiver, cut down on the number of trips you would be making.

LMK
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Sorry, I'll be out of town this weekend visiting Mom.

--Alan
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

zaxrex wrote:You are more than welcome to borrow my trailer if your trick has a hitch receiver, cut down on the number of trips you would be making.

LMK
What kind of trailer is it?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I long wooden one... Oh wait, that sounds bad... A short wooden one.... DAMN!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Feel really bad for saying that I'm not available as well (especially given that I'm going to be posting up a message very similiar to this one in the not too distant future) but I'm not going to be in town this weekend. Sorry!!!!! :(
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

It is an 8X4 trailer with wooden side slats that are falling off and it has a flat-4 connector. I bought it used, from a 13 y.o. kid and it looks like it came form WV.

I have the hardware to put the slats on better, but just havn't done it yet.

I also just got reminded by my brother that I am going to Havre de Grace MD for his kid's birthday party on Saturday. I hate to do this, but I have to bail on the muscle part.

You can still use the trailer if it helps you out any...

Sorry.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

zaxrex wrote:It is an 8X4 trailer with wooden side slats that are falling off and it has a flat-4 connector. I bought it used, from a 13 y.o. kid and it looks like it came form WV.

I have the hardware to put the slats on better, but just havn't done it yet.

I also just got reminded by my brother that I am going to Havre de Grace MD for his kid's birthday party on Saturday. I hate to do this, but I have to bail on the muscle part.

You can still use the trailer if it helps you out any...

Sorry.
Nice :D Will it work w/ a Miata?

Have fun at the party. My family is at OC this weekend. :(
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

As long as you have a 1-12 to 1-5/8 ball hitch and a flat 4 connector for the wiring, you will be able to tow it. I also have two different receivers in case your truck don't have one, or Mazda's don't work

gimme a call @ seven 0 three 4 oh 3 nine 6 five 9 and I can help get you sourted.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

if you can PM me contact info/directions I should be able to at least help unload. guess I should have asked for this info sooner... :oops:
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

All moved in now minus a few small things and cleaning the old place. The downstairs is a sea of boxes, but the beds are set up and we have food in the fridge. I slugged in today and I think my commute might have been more painless than my previous, which is pretty sweet. :D Not looking forward to going to FedEx this weekend though w/ weekend traffic.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Glad to hear that it went well for you Katie!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.