Cat6 Network Cable - Where to Buy?

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Cat6 Network Cable - Where to Buy?

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

(I thought of putting this in either Nerd Stuff or Off Topic but this seems more of a local thing ...)

I need to buy Cat6 network cable - at least 100 feet. Either bulk or with connectors (I'd just snip them off and make my own connection). However, since moving to MD I no longer have easy access to MicroCenter in Fairfax (my God I love that place!).

Does anyone know where to get Cat6 cable in lengths of at least 100 feet?

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Why not just buy if online?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I was hoping to get it quickly. I'm trying to get a network connection in the loft of my townhouse while the router is down in the basement. I've been without a convenient Internet access for a couple weeks and I'm getting anxious ...

--Alan
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:I was hoping to get it quickly. I'm trying to get a network connection in the loft of my townhouse while the router is down in the basement. I've been without a convenient Internet access for a couple weeks and I'm getting anxious ...

--Alan
you running gigabit, and if you are you need to remember EVERYTHING on the network needs to be gigabit, from the router back? if not cat 5 should be fine
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I'm hoping to "future-proof" this installation so that as I upgrade the other hardware the cables won't have to be re-strung.

--Alan
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Well the Microcenter in Fairfax should have it.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

personally i'd just make it... much cheaper in the long run.. a friend and i just bought a giant spool and we make them as we need em