WTB set of stereo Floor Speakers

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

WTB set of stereo Floor Speakers

Post by drwrx »

I put together a little media area in my basement with some left-over equipment (HDTV, Cable box, Blue-Ray, Wii, Amp and a set of bookshelf speakers for sound).
The bookshelf speakers are a huge step up from the sound on the TV, but it could really use a set of floor speakers for some base response. If anyone has a pair that they want to get rid of and don't want to bother with Craig's List or a yard sale let me know. I'm not looking for anything special, or in any hurry, and I'm not looking to spend much ($60 or so). Remember, I'm the cheap guy (sorry Zak).
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: WTB set of stereo Floor Speakers

Post by PGT »

$60? Ouch man. That's not much of a budget.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

Are you close to Baltimore?
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

PGT wrote:$60? Ouch man. That's not much of a budget.
Yes, I know. This is really more of a "throw it out there." Some folks have stuff like this laying around a basement and just don't have anything to do with them. Many years a ago I gave a set Phase Linear floor speakers to a buddy who was moving into a new place. I had a set of Cerwin Vegas and while the Phase Linear set were nice, I really didn't have room for both so I just passed them along so someone else who could get some use from them. yes, I could have sold them if I wanted to take out an ad perhaps, but some it was more of a "I had them, didn't really need them, and he did." So...
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

thermatico wrote:Are you close to Baltimore?
Not very, but I could always make a trip.
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

I'll see if I can pull them out of the basement and take some pictures. I haven't hooked them up in over 5 years, so I have no idea what kind of shape they're. Don't hold your breath.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

thermatico wrote:Don't hold your breath.
(Exhales) oh, OK.
I appreciate that you are willing to drag them out. I've got stuff in my basement that probably will be there till I die, or move. Whichever comes first.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Yamaha has a pair of large bookshelf speakers that go for $99/pair. They're not half bad
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

I haven't forgotten about this, I'm just a lazy bastard. The speakers are currently hiding behind my winter wheels and tires.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Again, I'm not in any rush, and appreciate your willingness to even dig them out.
I have some other feelers out and if I happen to get lucky and pick-up a set I'll post-up so that no one is wasting their time
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

Roger.