braille battery

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

LLTS1
I'm a n000b

braille battery

Post by LLTS1 »

Didn't know where to put this so if it's in the wrong place ninja swap me to the right thread. I'm seeing if there's any interest on here for Braille Batteries. If I can get an order together for 5 Batteries I will start a dealer account with them so we can get them at a discounted rate. If anyone shows interest I already have the dealer agreement, business license and tax ID needed to get the Pricing sheet. I figure this will help my new company get another product to offer, take care of my needs for light weight power, and get the dcawd a deal at the same time. I have already talked to Braille and they are excited to get a dealer in the NOVA area. Here is a link to there web site http://www.braille.asia/ let me know if anyone is interested.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: braille battery

Post by Mr Kleen »

I had one, I wouldn't recommend them unless you have a garage and a battery tender for the winter months. There's a reason factory batteries are the size and weight that they are.

If you're talking about a weekend or track car, it's totally worth it. Braille batteries are amazingly small and light.
LLTS1
I'm a n000b

Post by LLTS1 »

I do see that CCA's are slightly lower then on standard batteries, but the one recommended for my daily has more reserve and Amphr power then the factory. I'm very interested if you can provide details. What kind of car was it? Do you remember the model battery? and where you in this are?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

2004 WRX stage 3; kept her parked outside my apartment on Capitol Hill; I don't remember the model number but around 2006 Braille only have a couple models to choose from.

My recommendation would be to get a remote kit and mount the stock battery in the trunk. You get weight off the nose and free up some room for FMIC piping or a catch can. Just my $0.02...
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Gabe's battery was a spec B14115
Have some additional numbers etched into the casing:
4108M18 0496
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

:lol2: I forgot that I passed it on to you, Zak.