WTB: Prodrive P7 wheels

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

WTB: Prodrive P7 wheels

Post by captainslow »

I cannot live another day without Prodrive P7s. I need a full set in anthracite (dark grey). 17 x 7, 5 x100 bolt pattern. Preferably in good condition.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: WTB: Prodrive P7 wheels

Post by PGT »

I believe suregrap on Nabisco mentioned he had a set sitting in storage. might want to ping him.

edit - I think they only came in 17x7
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Calling Zak.. Sell some of your damn wheels to this young lady!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I have a set of steel grey Rota SDRs in perfect condition in my basement.
They have a set of 225/45 17 Sumitomo HTR+ tires on them with about 10,000 miles.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hey, found a picture of the accident it was in.
Missing a piece of the lip where he hit the tire with something pokey and continued to take a bite out of the rim and scratch the paint off. Still holds a bead and can be balanced for use, but looks nasty.
This would be the worst one, but at the cost of repairing it, might be cheaper to re-paint a good set to get the look you are going for.

Like I said, I also have the Bright Flitter, and the Gold. Do not have the Silvers anymore.
I'll try to snap pics if I can get down there this weekend.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Didn't the WRX bolt pattern change from 2004 to 2010?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

She said she wanted 5X100
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Actually, found some pics of the accident with the real camera. These are the three worst ones.

Probably not the kind of shape you were looking for.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

blasted and powdercoated and you'd never know....

the one with a chunk out of the lip can easily be repaired with some aluminum expoxy and sandpaper.

<---- has done this on a $200 set of rashed OEM MINI wheels and sold them for $800 :nana:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

The bolt pattern changed for the STi.
Tire Rack still lists the 2010 WRX as 5X100.

Gabe I thought you said something different in your post. i had a misread, sorry.
captainslow

Post by captainslow »

Thank you all, I appreciate the suggestions. I'll PM suregrap and see if he has what I'm looking for, but if it isn't a big deal to powdercoat wheels in another shade, I'm interested in the flitter or gold wheels, Zak, if they are in better condition than the ones in the pics you posted. I'm sorry if that was your car. Looks pretty gnarly :eek:

Also, any recs for a good wheel repair shop in the area (for powdercoating, rash-removing, etc.)?

And Darrin, thank you for the offer for the Rotas. I think for now I'm going to keep hunting for the P7s. Their spokes seem a bit wider than the SDRs which I find appealing. But I may bug you about those later...

Thanks again!
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

I've got a good powdercoat guy who can also blast them for you too but he doesn't do wheel repair. Keep in mind, a proper PC job (or paint for that matter) is going to cost $4-500 for a set of wheels. If we were in LA, it'd be half that but its the cost I've found so far in this area (more at places like ASCO in Manassas which is a BIG powdercoating shop).
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Blixa wrote:Also, any recs for a good wheel repair shop in the area (for powdercoating, rash-removing, etc.)?
http://www.yeolewheelshop.net/ :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

I have 2 sets in gold. I might be willing to part with one (or both) if you're willing to try another color. One set has the black center cap and Prodrive sticker on one spoke, the other has the silver P center cap and no Prodrive decal. Here's a pic of the latter:

I am also selling a set of Prodrive PWRC01 in gold, a seat of Team Dynamics ProRally1s in black, and a set of stock Legacy GT snowflakes in silver.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I just found my receipt for Wheel Worx. To refinish, repair, and fully custom paint 4 STi BBS wheels was $850 in April 2008. They weren't cheap or particularly fast but they did a fantastic job and the wheels where in bad shape (I got a good deal on them, even after refinishing).

http://whlworx.com/
captainslow

Post by captainslow »

Thank you all for the recommendations.

And thank you Cereb Daithi for the offer of gold wheels. I think, given the cost of repainting the wheels, I'm going to try my luck at searching for the P7s in anthracite, unless I can find dirt cheap beater P7s in another color to be repainted anthracite.

If you all could keep an eye out for anthracite P7s on the forums you visit and let me know if you see anything up for sale, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again!
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

might as well look for PFF7's too....same design but made by SSR. Cosworth blew out the remaining stock over a year ago at $800/set brand new (half off). Might be able to score some of those for similar money.

captainslow

Post by captainslow »

Good tip. Thank you.
Suregrap has P7s in silver, so I'm still hunting. Maybe i'll have better luck with the PFF7s.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

personally, i prefer the look of the pff7's. the outward curves of the spokes really add to the look.

but then again, i ended up buying rota tarmac 3's for my car. so take my vote with a grain of salt. :lol:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I suggest just going with a set of Rotas. Easier and cheaper...and if one or two get messed up, just get some more. Don't have to worry about discontinued wheels.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

sirwilliam wrote:I suggest just going with a set of Rotas. Easier and cheaper...and if one or two get messed up, just get some more. Don't have to worry about discontinued wheels.
Speaking sense here.

As much as I love the P7s they are getting rare, are pricey and while tough, are pretty heavy (22 lbs).
The SDRs are 17.8 lbs according to a special "wheels" issue of Sport Compact Car published many years ago.
captainslow

Post by captainslow »

What you're all saying makes complete sense. However, maybe I'm just too particular, but I haven't been able to find a set of wheels that I like other than the P7s. I've looked at a lot of wheels since I bought the car. The trend seems to be thin spokes, but I want thicker spoked wheels, and of the thicker varieties, I've seen, only the P7s appealed to me. But if I can't find them, I'll just stick with the stockers. Fingers crossed! :D
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

drwrx wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:I suggest just going with a set of Rotas. Easier and cheaper...and if one or two get messed up, just get some more. Don't have to worry about discontinued wheels.
Speaking sense here.

As much as I love the P7s they are getting rare, are pricey and while tough, are pretty heavy (22 lbs).
The SDRs are 17.8 lbs according to a special "wheels" issue of Sport Compact Car published many years ago.
I had SDRs and I can let you know that they are this light because I verified by weighing them...yes, I do silly stuff like that. I love how light my RPF1s are...got to get them on for the summer!!! :)
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

After having a set of heavy wheels and a set of light wheels, I look at weight before anything else. It really does make a huge difference.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Strangely enough I just put SDRs on the GF8 today for a test fit before I order new tires. For reference on a Subaru: