565cc injector install

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

02SilverWRX
Unicycle

565cc injector install

Post by 02SilverWRX »

I am finally upgrading my turbo and was wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction to a good walkthrough on how to install my 565cc deatschwerks injectors? Please do let me know asap if you know of one! I would like to get this done as soon as i can. Thanks...
2004 335 AWHP WRB WRX Stage 4
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 565cc injector install

Post by Mr Kleen »

is it a WRX or an STi? my WRX injector installs were a huge PITA. :x I had a couple friends helping out who had done them before.
does ScoobyMods have a thread on injector installs? they have just about everything...
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Definitely start at scoobymods.

if you have a 2.0l motor, you will learn about the GBODs.

Good luck, be patient. It's a PITA.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

That size, he's definitely talking wrx. As stated above, check scoobymods and nasioc. We've done a couple, but (sadly) never documented it.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

One of your small coolant hoses connects to an integrated hard tube on the drivers side GBOD, so if you are not planning on re-installing the bracket, you will need to splice in a coolant hose extension.

Have you already upgraded your pump, or is that on the list as well? If you do that, don't connect the pump leads before you do the injectors, you want to have the system depressurized.

There are flat gaskets that slip around the nozzle of the injector and seat in the intake. Sometimes they stay in the manifold when you pull the old injector out. If you can, use new gaskets, and make sure you remove the old ones out of the hole. That is aluminum and can scratch easily, so avoid using screwdrivers or picks getting the gaskets out. Plastic knives/forks work well. Scratching the walls can compromise the seal and let fuel leak out.

Here is some light info from TurboXS's old stage 4 instructions.

Code: Select all

Step 5: Install the Larger Fuel Injectors
Drivers Side Injectors:
1. Remove "green" protective bracket from the fuel rail assembly by the 5 bolts. This is a "PITA" but be patient
and pull it out towards the rear of the car.
2. Remove 2, 12mm bolts between the injectors securing fuel rail to the heads and 1, 12mm bolt at the front of
the fuel rail.
3. Disconnect electrical connectors from fuel injectors
4. Pull up on fuel rail and slip out injectors one at a time. Be careful not to damage the fuel injector's rubber
gaskets.
5. Install TXS Fuel Injectors in reverse of task "4."
6. Put everything back together from "Install the Larger Fuel Injectors" in reverse order.
Passenger Side Injectors:
1. Remove the coolant assembly located next to the intake manifold.
2. Remove the various bolts securing hoses to the "green" bracket.
3. Remove "green" protective bracket from the fuel rail assembly by the 4 bolts. This is a "PITA" but be patient.
4. Remove 2, 12mm bolts between the injectors securing fuel rail to the heads, 1, 12mm bolt at the front of the
fuel rail and 2, 12mm bolts at the top of the fuel rail.
5. Disconnect electrical connectors from fuel injectors
6. Pull up on fuel rail and slip out injectors one at a time. Be careful not to damage the fuel injector's rubber
gaskets.
7. Install TXS Fuel Injectors in reverse of task "6."
8. Put everything back together from "Install the Larger Fuel Injectors" in reverse order.
Double check Installation:
1. Make sure the all electrical connectors are installed to the fuel injectors.
2. Make sure electrical connectors are installed to the Tumble Generator Valves if removed during installation.
3. Make sure the fuel pressure regulator line is attached and secured. If installed improperly, serious engine
damage can occur as fuel pressure will not increase with boost.
4. Plug the green connector back in from "Depressurize the fuel system."
Email me if you want the whole PDF.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

Okay, I installed the 255 fuel pump from walbro, drove the car with no problems.

Yesterday i installed the injectors but didnt run the car.

Today i installed my VF39 and when i went to turn the car on after everything was completed it wont crank, the car in acc mode allows everything to work (radio, gauges, accessport, headlights, etc...) but it will not crank.

Here are the things i have tried:
Reset the ECU
Used different cobb maps
jumped the car
checked all grounds i am aware of
checked all sensors i can see

There are no leaks-However, when i first tried there was a leak from one of the injectors and so i took off the fuel rail and reinstalled it and there isnt a leak any more. Somebody please help me out :( :(
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

:poke: :poke:
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

after you flashed your maps, did you take the car out of diagnostic mode? I'm not sure what it is on an 02, but on my 04 it was a pigtail connector up by the OBDII port.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Depending on how you depressurized the fuel system, you may have disconnected the crank angle sensor/ fuel system relay/ MAF sensor.

I had the same thing happen to me. I forgot to plug the MAF sensor back in after upgrading the filter...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

As in the engine doesn't turn at all?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

No when i put the key in the engine wont turn at all. It doesnt even try, i can spin the crank freely though with a 22mm ratchet & socket... We depressurized it by removing one of the fuel lines near the filter and then reinstalling it.
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

i had problems with the crank angle sensor IIRC, but even then the car would start it just threw a CELL. it may be time to call in the Pro's... :|
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Something is up with the starter I would guess then. If it's not turning over at all, then the starter isn't getting juice. Check the voltage at the starter when you try to crank it.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I would not be so quick to jump on the starter. There are many sensors that need to give input before the ECU will let the solenoid kick over on the starter circuit. One of them may have been disconnected or knocked loose.

It could also be a current issue. Are the battery cables secured to the battery? Might be touching just enough to power your ACC, but not enough to give the juice to start.

Only thoughts I have.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I figured it would be good to go from there back... If he's getting at least some voltage, everything is good and he's just not getting enough juice. If he isn't, he works backward :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

I didnt have a chance in the past couple days to work on it but i am installing a new battery now. I have a mechanic friend from subaru who is going to come over and jump the starter to see if that is the problem.
2005 525 AWHP AW STi