Coolant puddle

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Coolant puddle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

So as the title says, i have been finding a puddle of coolant sitting right underneath the turbo inlet tube every morning after the car has been sitting over night and then when i drive the coolant burns up creates a small cloud of smoke for three seconds or so and then everything is okay but my coolant reserve tank (plastic tank attached to radiator) is loosing coolant every day and now i have to refill! The radiator and radiator hoses are brand new... I am not sure what the metal tank is called right above the inlet tube but it seems to be coming from there somewhere... anybody have any idea what that could be? Subaru said that it would be $180 to take a look at it because they would have to take the tank off and blah blah blah... i am tired of subaru dealers trying to make money so i refuse to take it to them especially after this dealership just told my friend that the reason his car wasnt boosting properly was because of his timing belt when it was actually that the inlet tube was not clamped correctly! Any ideas?
2004 335 AWHP WRB WRX Stage 4
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Re: Coolant puddle

Post by sirwilliam »

Check all lines and make sure all clamps/fittings are tight...might want to swap to some SS wormdrive clamps over the stockers. Make sure there are no leaks and make sure there is no air in the lines. Make sure your coolant overflow valve cap is still good...might want to try replacing it. If you still can't find the problem, take it to AndrewTech and have them check it out.

FYI, the tank above your turbo inlet is the coolant overflow reservoir tank.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Coolant puddle

Post by Sabre »

Bring it to the meet tomorrow and we can take a look at it. I'm guessing one of the wimpy clamps is not doing it's job!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.