It's not a Fusion GT, but… it kinda is

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

It's not a Fusion GT, but… it kinda is

Post by GaToR »

OFFICIAL Nov 18th 2015 at 12:01AM 76
400-hp MKZ is a hot-rod Lincoln
2017 Refresh Brings New Interior And Optional 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6

Michael Austin
There are mid-cycle product updates, and then there's the 2017 MKZ. Instead of just a nip-and-tuck styling refresh, the entry-level Lincoln gets an all-new engine with a whopping 400 horsepower and an optional torque-vectoring rear differential. And that powerplant is exclusive to the Lincoln, at least for the time being. It's a sign that Ford is getting serious about elevating its luxury brand above the recent history of rebadged Blue Oval models.

The engine is a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6, based on the current 2.7-liter that serves across the Ford and Lincoln lineup. With 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque, it's the most powerful Lincoln ever. That big number will only be available in all-wheel-drive versions of the MKZ. With front-wheel drive the engine will be detuned to an estimated 350 horsepower to retain some level of driving refinement. A further option on the AWD model will be the Driver's Pack, which adds the same torque-vectoring rear differential as on the forthcoming Focus RS. With the promise of rear-wheel-drive handling characteristics, the MKZ could be the most fun-to-drive Lincoln ever. In addition to the V6, a 245-horsepower, 2.0-liter turbo four, and a hybrid model will be available.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/18/2017 ... -official/
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: It's not a Fusion GT, but… it kinda is

Post by drwrx »

Wow, a Lincoln I would actually drive.
The last time Lincoln made anything I thought was decent was the LS, and that was 1999-2006.
I noticed no price was quoted, so we'll see how this specs out.
Perhaps a used one picked-up in 5 years.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, I'll be in the market for a good old-man used car in about 5 years.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Well, Julian is at the Old Man doorstep. He can pick one up now and then hand it off to you at the appropriate time!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ Daaaaamn! :lol:

I have to admit. that is the first Lincoln I have ever thought about owning. Sounds like they are doing some good things with it!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.