Calling Gabe! The 2016 Honda Civic Type R

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Calling Gabe! The 2016 Honda Civic Type R

Post by Sabre »

Jalopnik

Not only does the 2016 Honda Civic Type R look better in white than it did in that grainy magazine ad photo that leaked out this morning, it also has way more power than we imagined. How does 310 horsepower strike your fancy?

Autocar has details on what they're calling the fastest and most powerful front-wheel drive hot hatchback in existence. The 310 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque at just 2500 RPM (in a Honda! Jesus!) come from a 2.0-liter turbocharged i-VTEC four. The zero to 62 mph (100 km/hr) dash happens in 5.7 seconds, and top speed is 167 mph.

To help the front wheels manage all that power, the new Type R has a special 'Dual Axis Strut' front suspension system, similar to Ford's RevoKnuckle suspension system from the previous Focus RS. It has an additional steering knuckle "so the wheel steers around a point closer to its center line, reducing torque steer by up to 50 percent compared with a standard Civic," Autocar says. There's also a mechanical limited-slip differential.

It also gets a stiffened rear suspension, adaptive dampers on all four corners, a +R driving mode that makes the experience even racier, high-performance Brembo brakes, a fairly ridiculous but functional aero kit, and suede sport seats inside.

The new Civic Type R sounds badass. The want is extremely strong here in America. HINT HINT, Honda.
I know it's not NA... but you know you want one Gabe!!!!!!! :twisted:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Calling Gabe! The 2016 Honda Civic Type R

Post by drwrx »

WOW! 300 hp and 295 ftlb out of a 2.0 liter turbo that's amaz...
Wait, wasn't Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Toyota getting that kind of power out of a 2.0 liter turbo 15 years ago?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

agreed. and i'm sure pricing won't be anywhere close to any of the other awd hot hatch variants.... right? :screwy:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

the fastest and most powerful front-wheel drive hot hatchback in existence.

...has a special 'Dual Axis Strut' front suspension system, similar to Ford's RevoKnuckle suspension system from the previous Focus RS.
I guess the 2016 Focus RS has left a big enough gap between itself and the ST for the Honda to slide into the precise slot the 2nd gen RS held, but the rarity and Honda-phelia for some will make it pricier than it should be, IMO.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Nope. Haven't wanted a Honda since the S2000 went out of production. I'd much rather have an RS and I'd probably take an ST over this new R. Too late, Honda. You broke my heart and now I've moved on.