2016 Mazda Miata: This Is It

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2016 Mazda Miata: This Is It

Post by zaxrex »

Oh the difficulties of attending the Frankfurt Auto show, lines...
I think German is one of the four thousand languages that RJ reads.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

This year seemed to be a lot more crowded than in the past 2. The Porsche area was just mayhem. Even the people I talked to that had Media passes said it was a lot more crowded on those days as well.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

ars technica: The case against grip, as evidenced by the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Today we are completely and continuously bombarded by numbers—from near and far, in our work and even in our games. But if you deconstruct one particular human-machine interface, numbers mean nothing.
If the 135i taught me anything, it's that numbers don't tell any of the story. I wish I could get an ND. :oops:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

A long time ago, RJ talked about a word in german that I can't recall. It was more of a number about how the engine felt rather than just HP/Trq. I've definitely experieced this. A perfect example is how my RS feels compared to my STI. Sure, in a straight line the STI will blow the doors off the RS, but accelerating hard or cornering in the RS gives me the same feeling of amazement and fun. It's not all about the numbers. BTW, I FINALLY saw one in person. Dear god it looks good. I saw it in the dark grey and damn near had to get a towel.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm glad there's no BRG color option. I'd be crying if there were.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

A red GT showed up at our most recent Mazda club autox. The GT has leather and no LSD, so not the ideal combination, but Shawn and I got to take some runs in it, ie. my definition of a proper test drive. Conclusion: the thing needs an LSD in the worst way but as soon as Mazda offers it in a desirable color, it'll be in my driveway.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I wish I would have gotten a pic of the pimp CF engine compartment brace Mazda had on display at IAA. So choice.

The way that the exterior color is carried over to the doors and a small piece on the dash looks great but will make it that much harder to wrap the car in a color I like. Just offer British Racing Green, Mazda. It's the right thing to do.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Every time I see one I want a ride. Are the dealerships letting people take them for a run?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.