2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Post by Sabre »

Torque

Mercedes-Benz is going to officially take the wraps off the next-generation 2014 S-Class at the New York Auto Show next week. We've seen several spy photos of the new S-Class sedan, which shows a sedan that will not be a huge departure stylistically. While we wait for its official debut, Mercedes-Benz has released a batch of photos of the interior of the new S-Class.

Mercedes-Benz has dubbed the new S-Class the "best best automobile in the world." The automaker also says that goal for the new S-Class was "perfection to the last detail" with the final result being called "The Essence of Luxury." The 2014 S-Class's interior is full of new first like the redesigned display that extends in front of the driver. It replaces the traditional instrument cluster and combines numerous other functions. Also the entire display appears to be free-floating, an impression reinforced by "corona effect" ambience backlighting. Two high-resolution color displays in 8:3 format with a screen diagonal of 12.3 inches form the new information center in the S-Class. The left-hand display performs the functions of the previous instrument cluster, providing the driver with all relevant information. The right-hand display allows the convenient control of infotainment and comfort functions.

The seats also get a new "energizing" massage function that uses the "hot stone principle" and features a unique massage function with
14 separately actuated air cushions in the backrest, as well as an integrated warming function. There is a choice of six massage programs, two of them using the warming function. The new "warmth comfort package" heats the steering wheel, armrests and door center panels in the front and rear.

Three new features improve safety in the rear: in the belt buckle feeder an electric motor automatically raises and lowers the buckle. The belt bag is an inflatable seat-belt strap that is able to reduce the risk of injury to passengers in the rear in a head-on collision by lessening the strain on the ribcage. The reclining seat is fitted with a cushionbag as standard. This prevents the occupant from sliding under the belt in the event of an accident.

Another interesting new feature is the "air-balance package" that features a system that can individualize the smell of the vehicle interior. It neither changes the interior smell permanently, nor are perfume molecules deposited on fabric surfaces or clothing.

The new S-Class is also the first vehicle worldwide to offer a genuine multi-user system for entertainment functions. This means that there is independent access to the media sources of the entertainment system from any of the four seats - i.e. radio, TV, internet, navigation, DVD player and USB-connected devices.
All it's missing is the under dash "massager", LOL. Damn nice.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Post by snaab »

That interior is beautiful!!
RJ
'13 Mazda3
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Do you get the guy from reading rainbow to do the driving for you? And a guy with a skin condition to launch weapons?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

they needed to up their game....the Tesla Model S is kicking its ass in sales. No wonder MB licensed technology from Tesla for their next-gen drivetrains.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I've seen an absolute TON of Tesla's around Dulles.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

i'm seeing a TON of Teslas around the DTC as well. very popular car. there's a dealership inside a mall nearby too.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

no dealerships here in VA, only "stores" where employees can't discuss price, how to order, etc. Blame antiquated franchise laws. Tesla has a fight on its hands to fix the distribution channel as the state dealer groups are lining up to fight their "direct to consumer" model. Tesla has even applied twice to sign up dealers locally but nobody has stepped forward.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

There's a Tesla repair facility in Rockville - so I've seen quite a few around the office. I love that Model S. Gorgeous car.

--Alan