Lamborghini Veneno Celebrates

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Lamborghini Veneno Celebrates

Post by Sabre »

Torque
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, Lamborghini has built the Lamborghini Veneno, which Lamborghini describes as "a racing prototype and road-going super sports car." Fully in keeping with the tradition of the brand, the name of the Veneno originates from a legendary fighting bull. Veneno is the name of one of the strongest and most aggressive fighting bulls ever.

The Lamborghini Veneno is powered by a 6.5L 12-cylinder that is mated to a 7-speed ISR transmission with 5 driving modes and permanent all-wheel drive. With a maximum output of 750 hp, the Veneno accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in just 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 220 mph. To keep the weight down, Lamborghini has used lightweight carbon fiber for the chassis and body panels. The inside, too, features innovative, Lamborghini-patented materials such as Forged Composite and CarbonSkin.

Lamborghini only plans to produce three units and of course all three have been sold for three million Euros ($3.9 million). The Veneno is painted in an all-new, grey metallic-look color with individual parts gleaming in the black of the visible carbon-fiber structure. The only car to display all three colors of the Italian flag as an accent is the car shown at Geneva, the unit which will remain property of Lamborghini. The three cars sold to customers each feature a single color of the Italian national flag, together a triology in green, white and red accents and thus representing each a unique piece.
Inspiration? I believe so!!!

Interesting looking car... and the specs are to die for.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Lamborghini Veneno Celebrates

Post by Mr Kleen »

Why pick just one?
Untitled.jpg
:notcool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

As car's get more "extreme", I think more and more are going to look like this!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I doubt it. I may not be in the majority but from kicking around online it's not a small minority that finds this car hideous. The Aventador is a bit overdone on the nose but is an otherwise really good looking supercar. This is one of those over sized, diamond encrusted watches that screams to everyone "I'VE GOT LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY LOOK LOOK THIS IS EXPENSIVE BIG MONEY YEAH!!!!!!"
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Again, fully in agreement with Gabe on this one.
I think the folks at Lambo have been listening to Gezza and the rest of the Top Gear group and taking them too seriously when they say that Lambo needs to be about wild styling and such.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, just because you have carbon fiber looms and extruded aluminum plants at your disposal doesn't mean you have to use it for more bells and whistles.
But then again how much more aggressive and out there is this styling for our time of body kits and silver/gold vinyl wraps than the original factory Countach?
I mean this wasn't the most pretty thing out there when I was born, but it too was one hell of a departure. And it didn't handle all that well compared to other cars of the day. Now the performance and handling of lambo's are within margins of other super cars, and there is really only the departure in styling to set them apart.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

The Countach prototype was hailed by critics when it debuted at the 1971 Geneva Auto Show. By 1985 they had begun to tinker with it. Eventually we got the 1988 25th Anniversary edition with more slots than the Bellagio.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

the Motor Trend "Best Driver's Car" slammed the Aventador....finished dead last (the Subaru BRZ beat it).
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

PGT wrote:the Motor Trend "Best Driver's Car" slammed the Aventador....finished dead last (the Subaru BRZ beat it).
WOW, really? lol, DAAAAAAMN
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Randy Pobst cooked the brakes on the Aventador over three laps of Laguna Seca (boiled the fluid on the carbon ceramic upgraded kit). Of the nine cars tested, a few had brake fade but none like the Lambo. The Mustang Cobra did as well.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Now that was a great read, thanks :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

makes me really want the C63 BS. Same chassis (but widened) and interior as my old MB, just with MO POWAH.