Evolution X FQ400 gets the green light

Non-technical forum specific to Mitsubishi. Good example: Discussion of dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Evolution X FQ400 gets the green light

Post by Mr Kleen »

Mitsubishi Evolution X FQ400 gets the green light

It was only a matter of time before Mitsubishi's British engineers tired of relentlessly beating the FQ300 and FQ360 versions of their homegrown Evos. So it's no surprise that after a 400-hp version of the Evo X successfully campaigned in the Britcar Championship, Mitsubishi finally gave the go-ahead to its crack team of in-house tweakers to produce a road going version for public consumption. The FQ400 is on its way.

If the Mitsu team holds true to the original ADR Motorsport-developed Evo, expect a new turbocharger, exhaust manifold and fuel system, along with a reworked ECU to make use of the extra boost and petrol. Naturally, output will be related to the FQ400's name, with 400hp being delivered to all four wheels through a manual gearbox. A top speed of 170 mph and a 0-60 time of around 3.5 seconds shouldn't be too hard to achieve, and with a reworked suspension, upgraded brakes and some aerodynamic enhancements, Lambo owners should think twice before cutting the FQ400 off at their first track day at Silverstone. Pricing hasn't been released yet, but expect the Mitsubishi Evolution X FQ400 to crest the £45,000 mark when it goes on sale next year in the UK.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Evolution X FQ400 gets the green light

Post by drwrx »

Mr Kleen wrote:Pricing hasn't been released yet, but expect the Mitsubishi Evolution X FQ400 to crest the £45,000 mark when it goes on sale next year in the UK.
That's $77,500 to us stateside folks. (not that we'll ever get see it.

While I love those cars, 400 hp is only around 320 whp.
Most stage 2 STIs and EVOs can get close to that with just some bolt-ons and a tune for about $2,000.
The Gray Ghost
I walk to work

Post by The Gray Ghost »

I still love the torque over the HP....It sounds like a pretty cool car, but I personally would never get one...too pricey...LOL...

Mark :D
2010 GGM LGT Premium
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Nice idea, not so nice pricetag.

Pass.

:(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

FQ-400: the Stage II Evo for the non-do-it-yourself-er.

*Prices include parts and labor
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

complacent wrote:Nice idea, not so nice pricetag.

Pass.

:(
I concur.

legasleeper wrote:FQ-400: the Stage II Evo for the non-do-it-yourself-er.

*Prices include parts and labor
Yes, shipping is $1 but they didn't tell you how much handling would cost :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

no, I don't live in England. no, I don't have the cash to buy one. no, I wouldn't if I did and I did. but I do think it's cool that something like this sees the light of day direct from a manufacturer. :P