X Officially released

Non-technical forum specific to Mitsubishi. Good example: Discussion of dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

X Officially released

Post by Phibs »

Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

and i'm offically happy in pants.
-Ben
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

hm. nope. still don't like it :roll:
bdub
Bicycle

Post by bdub »

that front end officialy crossed into the relm of fugly....
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

autoblog wrote:($26,134 USD) for the RS
$26,134! I'm all over this!

Unfortunately, it will likely not have AC, power windows or doors and no anti-lock brakes.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

And no Brembos :)
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

it looks a HELL of a lot better than the '08 Impreza. now to give it a year to be sure there aren't any issues with the new platform and engine.
$32,697 USD for the GSR with the Twin-Clutch SST 6-speed
on paper that beats the heck out of a $40k '08 STi...
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Phibs wrote:And no Brembos
The brembos may not make as big a difference as people think.

There was a test done back in late 05' by one of the non-mainstream car mags (turbo, street tuner, sport compact car, etc.) using a new 06 WRX TR and a 05 STi.

The writer had thought that the new subaru 4-pots were nearly as good as the brembos and figured the only way to test his theory was to get two vehicles together for a side-by-side test shod with the same tires and pads on the same track. The results were quite interesting. The TR actually stopped shorter from 40-0 and 60-0 although they were within a foot or two. The STi did stop shorter from 80-0 but again only by a couple feet.

The writer figured the following was going on. The TR's gross vehicle weight of 3,100 lbs. vs the STI's 3,350 lbs. allowed the TR to stop shorter at the lower speeds while the STI's bigger discs allowed better heat displacement for the higher speeds. In the end, he concluded that yes, the subaru 4-pots were worth calling "as good as" the brembos, with the right set of tires and pads.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

drwrx wrote:Unfortunately, it will likely not have AC, power windows or doors and no anti-lock brakes.
QFT
EVOs aren't known for their creature comforts like cruise control, sound system, decent interior, etc. They're strictly street legal rally cars.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

drwrx wrote:

There was a test done back in late 05' by one of the non-mainstream car mags (turbo, street tuner, sport compact car, etc.) using a new 06 WRX TR and a 05 STi.

The writer had thought that the new subaru 4-pots were nearly as good as the brembos and figured the only way to test his theory was to get two vehicles together for a side-by-side test shod with the same tires and pads on the same track. The results were quite interesting. The TR actually stopped shorter from 40-0 and 60-0 although they were within a foot or two. The STi did stop shorter from 80-0 but again only by a couple feet.

The writer figured the following was going on. The TR's gross vehicle weight of 3,100 lbs. vs the STI's 3,350 lbs. allowed the TR to stop shorter at the lower speeds while the STI's bigger discs allowed better heat displacement for the higher speeds. In the end, he concluded that yes, the subaru 4-pots were worth calling "as good as" the brembos, with the right set of tires and pads.
once again, the dr. is in.
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Looks good to me... Going to be very interesting when the 08 officially comes out to see who is going to be on top.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

drwrx wrote:

I concur...that is why I didn't buy the Brembos or the WRX 4pot/2pots but just ended up w/ pads, lines and fluid.

Here is the Nasioc BBK falacy thread linky
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Car and Driver wrote:The way the Evo X goes around corners is nothing short of incredible.
wow.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

.97 g's.......
god damn she's sticky.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

drwrx wrote:
autoblog wrote:($26,134 USD) for the RS
$26,134! I'm all over this!

Unfortunately, it will likely not have AC, power windows or doors and no anti-lock brakes.
and stamped steel and welded control arms. Not mention that the new Evo uses an open deck aluminum block :(.

Looks like Mitsu is killing of the Evo the same way it killed of the DSM.
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians