Lancer Evolution X Ralliart in the Wild

Non-technical forum specific to Mitsubishi. Good example: Discussion of dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Lancer Evolution X Ralliart in the Wild

Post by Mr Kleen »

LINK
Nihon Car wrote:This week Tokyo was holding the "MOTOR SPORT JAPAN 2007", an event where the best from the JDM was available for everyone to touch, enjoy and even ride on. Among some nice pieces of machinery like the Mugen Type-RR, we were pleased to discover the upcoming Lancer Evolution X in its Ralliart "robe".

If of course we were not able to step in the car and neither get any "info" from the Mitsubishi Staff available for this event, we succeeded in catching some pictures for you as well as a shot video of the beast.

Lord this car looks good, we are really looking forward to put ourselves behind the wheel and smash the right pedal…
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

sooooooooooooo much hawter than the 08 imprezas :cry:
-Ben
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

+1
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

That's hot!
chicken n waffles wrote:sooooooooooooo much hawter than the 08 imprezas :cry:
^xGazillion
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

:( :(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Official Pics on Autoblog

interior is better than before, but still not as nice as the Impreza. the exterior on the other hand... :wink:
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

+∞

Much more aggressive styling, doesn't look like Mary-Sue's grocery-getter, and it's not a :censor: ing hatchback.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

^^^ There isn't anything wrong with hatchbacks/wagons. I do have a problem with giant seat benches on the back os some sedans though!
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
chicken n waffles

complacent wrote:
:( :(
:cry: :cry: :cry:
-Ben
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

time will tell as with all mitsu products. new engine, tranny, chassis, body, paint, running gear. at least the impreza is a tried and true package.
there is no question the evo is pure sex on a goddess level. that's what happens when you design a japanese car in germany. looks aside it's still a mitsu. i'd still buy the hatch or sedan suby over the evo any day.
chicken n waffles

thermobox wrote:time will tell as with all mitsu products. new engine, tranny, chassis, body, paint, running gear. at least the impreza is a tried and true package.
there is no question the evo is pure sex on a goddess level. that's what happens when you design a japanese car in germany. looks aside it's still a mitsu. i'd still buy the hatch or sedan suby over the evo any day.
it's gonna take a lot from the new sti to keep me interested in the impreza line... at least until 2010 when the next redesign occurs. for 08, only the spec b and fxt sports give me a chub.

that sound you're hearing is what it sounds like when legions of subie fans jump ship.
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:^^^ There isn't anything wrong with hatchbacks/wagons. I do have a problem with giant seat benches on the back os some sedans though!
Hatchbacks on wagons or SUVs is fine. Even a liftback a coupe is semi-tolerable. But anywhere else though it looks like ass. There's just something about a car being defined by the way the back door opens. :?

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

The car does look damn sexy but at the end of the day its still a DSM. I just don't have faith in the brand.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:The car does look damn sexy but at the end of the day its still a DSM. I just don't have faith in the brand.
Well put. The man's got a point.

(ib 'lex) ;)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

chicken n waffles wrote:
thermobox wrote:time will tell as with all mitsu products. new engine, tranny, chassis, body, paint, running gear. at least the impreza is a tried and true package.
it's gonna take a lot from the new sti to keep me interested in the impreza line... at least until 2010 when the next redesign occurs. for 08, only the spec b and fxt sports give me a chub.

that sound you're hearing is what it sounds like when legions of subie fans jump ship.
thass cool. i hope that they don't fall apart on em, that's all i'm sayin.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

It's not an Evo, but here's a shot of the Lancer Ralliart.
AutoBlog wrote:According to poster jmk2888 at the EvolutionM.net forums, the car you see here is indeed the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. The poster, who indicates that he works for Mitsubishi in California, says that the car was in the lot briefly but is now "on the way to an auto show." Funny, we happen to be going to an auto show next week, so let's assume the Lancer Ralliart's on its way to Detroit for its official unveiling.

According to the jmk2888, here are the pertinent stats. To be safe, treat everything as speculation for now until we get official info from Mitsubishi:

* 230 - 240 turbocharged horsepower
* AWD
* 5-speed manual gearbox or Twin Clutch SST available
* Recaro front seats
* Gunmetal-finish Lancer GTS wheels
* GTS rear wing
* Nav system available

In front, the Ralliart gets a unique fascia dominated by a large (but not Evo X-large), chrome-rimmed grille opening. At the top right section of the grille itself, you can see the telltale Ralliart badge. According to the poster, the car in the photo is painted in the orangey-red "Sunset Pearlescent" finish that's currently available on the Eclipse. He also states that there's Ralliart branding on the rear of the car, and some other posters have noted that this car appears to be equipped with the same HID headlamps as the Evo X. Assuming it's going to be in Detroit, expect complete details and many photos of Mitsu's new Subaru WRX competitor early next week.
--Alan
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

^^hmmm...curious to the cost of the new EVO X vs. this Lancer Ralliart.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

sirwilliam wrote:^^hmmm...curious to the cost of the new EVO X vs. this Lancer Ralliart.
:plusone:

Might take less to "EVO" a Ralliart than it would to "STI" a WRX.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I was thinking that it might just be cheaper to buy an EVO than just a lancer ralliart...but that is dependent on price for what you get.

GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

sirwilliam wrote:I was thinking that it might just be cheaper to buy an EVO than just a lancer ralliart...but that is dependent on price for what you get.
That too.

If its only a couple grand I'd say EVO is more bang/buck.
If the price difference is spread ~10K like the WRX/STI it might be worth it to see what you can get out of the Ralliart setup.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

at least Mitsu didn't make the Ralliart butt-ugly like Subaru did the WRX. :x
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Mr Kleen wrote:at least Mitsu didn't make the Ralliart butt-ugly like Subaru did the WRX. :x
QFT

gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

complacent wrote:
Bluestreak2006 wrote:The car does look damn sexy but at the end of the day its still a DSM. I just don't have faith in the brand.
Well put. The man's got a point.

(ib 'lex) ;)

I'm die hard Mitsu all the way, but after my 2 month ordeal with Rockville Mitsubishi, I would actually agree with Bluestreak. I work quite often on both Evo and STi platforms (purely tuning). The Evo platform its self is an amazing machine (much like the STi). I seen amazing power come out of the stock powerplants (4g63). they are NOT DSMs and the only technology they have in common is the Block (which is a far cry from the 4g63 DSMs that we know). Evos have always been Mitsu's interpretation of the Japanese Supercar-dom and many people that own them will agree, they are amazing.

With that said, I will NEVER buy another Mitsubishi as long as I live. I hate their business practices and their lack of respect for customers. They have proven time and time again that they could care less about the customer once he walks out of the showroom floor with keys in hand. I've currently gone through hell with them and if it weren't for the pending lawsuit that I've filed against A certain local Mitsu dealership, I would tell you all about it. Ask me in person, and I'll tell you guys all about it.

Cliff Notes:
-If you are a mechanic/tech savy, Evos are great solid platforms.
-Mitsu Corporate DOES NOT care about customers.

Colin, I bet this wasn't the response you expected form me :)
Lex
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Not at all! :shock:

But from what I've heard from others, I would agree. Technically, the platform is excellent. But the customer service and support just isn't there.

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Wow Alex.... are you the Alex we all knew??!?!!? I'm happy that you're being honest about the situation, but I just never expected it from you! I guess we've been doing the same thing to the new WRX though...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.