Lancer Evolution X Ralliart in the Wild

Non-technical forum specific to Mitsubishi. Good example: Discussion of dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

gsx-lex wrote:
Cliff Notes:
-If you are a mechanic/tech savy, Evos are great solid platforms.
-Mitsu Corporate DOES NOT care about customers.

Colin, I bet this wasn't the response you expected form me :)
Lex
A,

I know I'll throw a friendly jab from time to time, but I am very saddened to hear of this. I know damn well that Mitsus can be frighteningly capable cars both on and off the track.

I have also had a great time reading about your tuning work, the trips to the drag strip, and of course pics of the I <3 Lesbians mobile.

Any time ANY car maker decides to snub an enthusiast, everyone loses. The "rivalry" as it were (which is crap, we're all here because of the same addiction to internal combustion) breeds creativity, ingenuity, and forces ourselves to push the envelope. In the end, so long as there's competition - we all move forward. We go faster, brake later, turn quicker. To have a dealer turn away (through action or inaction) is a very poor choice and makes it that much harder to keep the competition going. And it is something that we have all been able to enjoy. The fruits of competition are the same AWD, ABS, variable valve timing, better compressor graphs, etc, etc....

I'm very sorry to see someone as dedicated and resourceful as yourself swearing away the brand. It's a big loss on Mitsu's part - both in the $ you spend their way, and within the tuner community.

That absolutely sucks infected donkey balls, I just don't know how else to put it.

:(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

I give respect to where it's due, and Mitsubishi has proven to me that they don't care. We've all heard the horror stories, I've even heard stories about Subaru voiding warrantys for no reason. Most of the time I hear it, I say to myself "this kid is lying, he probably beat the hell out of his car and is trying to get Mitsu to cover for their abuse". If it hadn't happen to me directly, I wouldn't beleive it. Remind me to tell you about this in person, it makes for a really good story.

Don't get me wrong, I love DSMs and Evos, but Mitsu cars that I purchase from now on, will ONLY be hobby cars. when it comes to getting a DD, I'lll stick to everyone BUT Mitsu.
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

For those wanting the utility of the new WRX body style but without the hideous WRX body/styling ... try the RalliArt wagon - otherwise known as the Mitsubishi Prototype S.
Autobild spilled the beans over the weekend, and today, Mitsubishi lifted the embargo on its Geneva-bound Prototype S, which is basically the forthcoming Lancer Sportback in light concept trim. Beneath the hatchback's skin lies the powertrain used in in the new US-market Lancer Ralliart -- 240 horses, dual-clutch, full-time AWD, and active center differential. It's anyone's guess whether Mitsubishi will elect to offer it outside Europe, where the body style is sure to be a bread-and-butter seller. We certainly wouldn't turn it away, though; there's always room for more hatchbacks with "go." Check out the new high-res shots in the attached gallery, and Mitsu's official release after the jump.

--Alan
GVR-4Chad
I walk to work

Re: Lancer Evolution X Ralliart in the Wild

Post by GVR-4Chad »

I'm only sad that they abandoned the 4G63 powerplant...yeah they get a bad rep for reliability, but they do in turn require a good amount of maintenance, especially when you severely mod your car putting down double stock hp and expect to only be concerned with regular oil changes. DSMs force the owners to become somewhat adept at turning wrenches and for that I'm thankful. Plus an EVO really isn't a DSM technically (as is also the case with the Galant VR-4...MMC baby =)...). The 4G63 is an amazing engine...in stock form few other 2.0s can handle massive dumps of boost as well as that block...only time will tell with the new MIVEC setup.
Chad
91 Galant VR-4 (989/2000) (Project Track Car)
92 Galant VR-4 (141/1000) (Project Street Car)
07 Legacy GT Spec.B (DD)