Mitsubishi's new WRX-rival Ralliart caught testing

Non-technical forum specific to Mitsubishi. Good example: Discussion of dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Mitsubishi's new WRX-rival Ralliart caught testing

Post by Mr Kleen »

Autoblog posting

Everyone's attention so far has been on the Evo, but the AWD turbocharged terror won't be the only hot Lancer model in Mitsubishi's updated fleet. Previous reports suggested that a cheaper WRX-rival was in the works, complete with a turbocharged engine and AWD configuration, and this latest Ralliart prototype spotted in California's Death Valley seems to back up those reports.

Like the Evo, this test-mule featured a front mounted intercooler, bonnet scoop and dual exhaust pipes, but missing were the widened fenders, imposing rear wing and the blacked-out bumper insert.

During the launch of the new Lancer late last year, one company official revealed that the Ralliart model would be making a return, this time with a greater influence on performance. With the addition of cut-priced performance cars like this and the styling of Subaru's new Impreza range gone sour, Mitsubishi's new Lancer range is poised to become the next cult classic.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

she's a lot prettier than the new rex, that's fo' sho'. looking forward to seeing the power numbers.

:eek:
-Ben
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

While I love the EVO, I've never been all that taken with the over the top looks, even minus the big wing. This one has me intrigued. If the only differences are the turbo (TD04 would be my guess), ECU and some drivetrain options, I think I see a Q-Ship.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

I think the new lancer is ugly as sin. I've seen the base models in person and the back ends are just all wrong. To each their own i guess.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I definitely think it looks cleaner than the new wrx.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

A friend said the new rex looks MUCH better in person... so I'm reserving judgment till then.... That being said, I hope Mitsu does release this as it will cause Subaru to get off their collective ass and put out a great car (not that I don't think it will be, but competition is good for us!)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Sabre wrote:A friend said the new rex looks MUCH better in person...
could it look worse in person? I guess anything is possible.

word is the Australians are getting a different grill.
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Mr Kleen wrote:
Sabre wrote:A friend said the new rex looks MUCH better in person...
could it look worse in person? I guess anything is possible.

word is the Australians are getting a different grill.
I spoze you haven't heard about the chrome fender accents and the body-color neon underneath the car?
rocket scientist