Update: Subaru/Toyota Coupe CONFIRMED!!1!

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Update: Subaru/Toyota Coupe CONFIRMED!!1!

Post by thermobox »

The specs have been released. Jalopnik and most on this thread are gonna be butt hurt. It's just like I've been saying for a year now - My car is more STi than the "real" STi Ts version that's going to be released. This is a Ts - meaning tuned by STi. It's like an RT vs an SRT Or an L-tuned vs ISF or an Si vs a Type-R.

The main upgrades to the Ts are as follows:
Signature Badging - including new Fender/Door Trim
Fog Lights
Lip Kit
Rims
Brakes
Suspension
Upgraded Drive Shaft
Steering Wheel Button - We have no idea what this does yet? Mehbeh it's mad jdm Vtach Yo!!
Available Hight Mount Carbon Spoiler a la R and S models
And the real upgrade that makes me butt hurt - Recaro's

Here's the main thread on the FT86 forum - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthre ... ight=beyer
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Like the Spec B by STI editions of a few years back; basically, the entire STI accessory catalog thrown against the car.

Which Recaro's? Sportster CS?
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I'm with you, this is hardly worth a trim level:
My thoughts on these "improvements:"
Badging: BFD
Fog Lights: BFD
Lip Kit: BFD
Rims: BFD. Pick-up a set of nice 18" yourself and put on some sticky rubber and your good to go, and likely for less than the manufacturer would provide and potentially better.
Brakes: Unless the calipers and rotors are a huge increase in size, this will not be a big improvement. Tires and pad compound make a bigger difference.
Suspension: Depending on what is included, this also gets a BFD. A set of sways, springs, struts and bushings and you would do just as well, if not better.
Upgraded Drive Shaft: BFD. I get the decreased rotating mass theory, but unless the stock unit is either weak or extremely heavy this will make no discernible difference.
Steering Wheel Button: Ooooooh, magic steering wheel button!
Spoiler: BFD
Recaros: Now we're talking! But honestly, you can pick up a set of Recaro Speed Race seats for under $800, so again unless the price is right or they have something special over those (integrated airbags, heated/cooled, etc.) BFD.
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Yep, it's just a trim upgrade. This is for the guy exactly like me that wants all of the OEM goodies from the factory. The aftermarket can address all of these features but they wouldn't include the little pink lettering that I am so fond of.

We thought the brakes were gonna be like the TRD kit - http://www.trdparts.jp/conceptcar/86_pe ... brake.html but the pics appear to be GV/GR black Brembos already in use.

There haven't been any pics up yet of the Recaros but I would assume that they are gonna be like the current SP versions used in the R and S model Suby's.
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

I can only laugh. Oh how Subaru teases you so.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:cry: :cry:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.