Attn: STi Owners

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Attn: STi Owners

Post by complacent »

Just a quick question - How much did you put down when you financed your STi? I'm trying to get a feel for what the "average" amount financed around here is...

and yes, i'm errr, uhhh asking on behalf of a "friend" :twisted: :twisted:

colin
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

It's not an STi but... we put about $1k down on the Forester XT just to say we did something. Interest rate was lower on the car than it was on my student loans. But that was AUG03.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Coolcool, thanks J. I've been mulling it all over in my head lately trying to figure out approx how much I would like to drop out of pocket. It looks like the biggest determining factor is going to be what the going interest rate is vs. financing specials from the dealer. When I bought my WRX in Dec of 03 the stealership actually had a rate that was 2.5pts better than my credit union. It would be cool if I could nail down a rate like that again... Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

colin
92xaero
I'm a n000b

Post by 92xaero »

colin, you are getting an STI...NO WAY!! If so, what are you gonna do with your rex?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Things are still a little up in the air... But I will probably prefer to sell the wrx as is. Things will be clearer towards the end of the summer. Stay tuned! :)

colin
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I put down 16k of the walk away price of 31,960 (IIRC) on my STI. With my credit union's 4.25% loan I was paying 350/mo. Make sure to look at the insurance, that is the real killer. I know you're smart enough to do that though :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Thanks guys,

With the exception of Julian and his rediculous down payment... It looks like many are making a hefty monthly payment on these little buggers. I was just trying to get a feel for what others were dealing with as far as starting balance.

And as far as insurance goes - State Farm said it will be 20.00 more/month. :) I made them send that to me in writing. :twisted:

As it stands I was thinking somewhere in the range of 3 - 6k down, but like I said it's all going to depend on the loan rate and how much I can unload the WRX for. Thanks again!

colin
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

bluscooby23 wrote:Thanks guys,

With the exception of Julian and his rediculous down payment... It looks like many are making a hefty monthly payment on these little buggers. I was just trying to get a feel for what others were dealing with as far as starting balance.
lol, I didn't think it was...

I need to check into insurance rates again, ug...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.