words are cheap at Springfield Subaru

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

words are cheap at Springfield Subaru

Post by zaxrex »

Steven the service manager at Springfield Subaru was really interested in doing the R180 rear diff on my violated WRX. I gave him the complete parts list and the company that has them in country and sourced. he said he would get in touch with RalliSpec and get the parts here.

This morning, I went over to take pictures of the bent threaded housing on the Flex. They drove the damned thing with the rear alignment whacked out, the wheels and studs that were in the accident, and NO ENGINE MANAGEMENT and a ECU wiring harness with sensor wires stripped.

how happy was I, not verry. How can they drive the damned thing when the parts that they "ordered" didn't show up? right, they cant. they got stock replacement parts and used them. They were then going to take it all off and re-replace them with the R180 components and have me pay for it.

Bad service manager, bad.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

Ewww.. I didn't know you had your car up at springfield subaru... I don't even own one and I still heard bad things about them. I actually heard that they were going to ditch the scoobs there and only sell VWs? I had gone up there one time before during my car search looking for and STi and they hadn't heard of it... never went back there.
Jack
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, the word we heard (one of the employees from Springfield came out to a meet) was that they were closing down. No one has given a date though.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
mc26va
I'm a n000b

Post by mc26va »

I've got a decent shop to service the scooby now...but who do you guys recommend for 'warranty service' around here?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Sorry to hear about all the troubles Zack :( Any updates?

I use Don Beyer and have a good rep with them. Their service manager looks out for me now that I have been going there awhile. I'm going to start to talk to him about DCAWD and see if I can't start getting some discounts or something for us.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

After a week of trying to get the Springfield Subaru Volkswagon people to call me, I called again. I asked for Subaru service. The receptionist said that the franchise has been sold to a Ford Kia group. They didn't know where the car was.

Last night I found it. It was on the old Subaru Springfield lot, the same one that they "couldn't find". Idiots.

They havn't replaced the wheel studs, missing lug nuts, side skirt, or fixed the lower side rail, udercoat protectant, oh and there is a hole in a little thing called the brake line!. Plus, they have managed to dent the top of the rear fender and chip the paint off.

If I don't get it back Monday completely repaired, I'm taking it to another shop and deducting that cost from what Springfield Subaru wants me to pay them...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote: If I don't get it back Monday completely repaired, I'm taking it to another shop and deducting that cost from what Springfield Subaru wants me to pay them...
Oh Zack, I'm so sorry to hear about this ordeal :( I would almost think it's time to take some other action on Springfield Subaru, maybe legal? BTW, I've had very good luck with Don Beyer Subaru. They know me by first name ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Maybe I paved your way at Don Beyer, as they broke an 02sensor on the waranty clutch flywheel replacement that the said they would use the STi flywheel that I had. Then wouldn't do it. I havn't been back there since, but maybe it is time. They have changed service managers there now, so it might be better.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears