This will be painful to see...

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

This will be painful to see...

Post by Mr Kleen »

craigslist ad via reddit/shitty_car_mods
This was my big hobby/project from the last few years and I'm just not that into cars anymore so I'm ready to sell it.

This is a very low-mileage Impreza (60,200 miles at the moment) and because I never ended up installing a wideband 02 sensor, I kept it safe and never went above 3,000 RPMs (as anyone who has seen me driving locally may have been disappointed to notice haha.) All in all, it has only put on about 20,000 miles since the big install.

I'm offering it for cheap (without the modifications this is a $10,000 car) because I am ready to move on sooner than later, and this opens the door for someone who either wants to make a few grand on it by returning it to stock, or someone looking for a very cheap platform to start their own project with.

The all-wheel drive, tranny, and drive train in general are all very solid. To my knowledge the engine is solid as well, but it's hard to put any sort of guarantee on that without going inside, so I'll leave that one up to the buyer's discretion; And at the price I'm asking, it isn't much of a gamble regardless. That said, there are plenty of little quirks here and there that would need attention if they bother you.. Nothing that will keep you off the road (aside from a few holes in the exhaust,) but to name a couple, the dashboard doesn't have a backlight anymore, and the speakers (Alpine deck, Infinity speakers) won't play until the loose wire somewhere along the loop is found. It's likely just a simple short inside the door, but again, I'm not into this stuff anymore, so I'm not looking into it myself.

I highly recommend that you have a good knowledge of how cars work if you buy this. Basically, if you can look at what I did and understand the why behind it, you can either turn a great profit bringing it back to stock or save a few thousand dollars on the starting platform for your own project. If not, you're probably going in over your head.

Also, I have the original 16" aluminum rims with snow tires on them that I can throw in as well- It's on aftermarket 17's at the moment (which need new tires) so this leaves you with an easy seasonal change-over

Asking $4,800, will consider any reasonable offers
00O0O_awSXIWmn6gD_600x450.jpg
00l0l_h7XieZvSSSn_600x450.jpg
00T0T_jtHhpAlb5vA_600x450.jpg
00j0j_aHu4HSAxc6R_600x450.jpg
00x0x_2lnNMWUTApg_600x450.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: This will be painful to see...

Post by Sabre »

Oh my! Poor subi....
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

wow, that's a sale worth watching...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.
It looks like a fairly large "poorly planned" supercharger kit.
The plumbing looks really odd though.
I just don't see the point of this project. Supercharger kits aren't cheap. (let alone the custom FMIC).
And sadly, I suspect that it's not even putting down 240 whp.
An '06 WRX with a TBE and tune will do better than that.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

drwrx wrote: The plumbing looks really odd though.
Is it because it's actual plumbing? (que toilet flush)

Fortunately for the engine, it looks like it might still be naturally aspirated (though unfiltered). The 3" PVC from what used to be the stock air box, I think, is what's going into the intake. The supercharger seems to link the high-flow filter and the intercooler, with a gap to the actual intake. So one way or another I think he's just pressurizing the under hood space. Hard to tell without more pics, but I think if there were some connection to the intake we'd see a few more yards of 3" PVC.
Last edited by GaToR on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

I CURRENTLY HAVE A BUYER LINED UP, please hold the emails- I will update this ad in a few days if for some reason it doesn't happen.
:ohsnap:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

GaToR wrote:

Fortunately for the engine, it looks like it might still be naturally aspirated (though unfiltered). The 3" PVC from what used to be the stock air box, I think, is what's going into the intake. The supercharger seems to link the high-flow filter and the intercooler, with a gap to the actual intake. So one way or another I think he's just pressurizing the under hood space. Hard to tell without more pics, but I think if there were some connection to the intake we'd see a few more yards of 3" PVC.
Intake goes in on the left, routed under the pressurized pipe and up to the SC. The connection from the exit of the SC is from the left, flows down to the intercooler up front, then back out the left to the intake... just my take. lol, that air is going to be tossing and turning a lot, that's for sure.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

Sabre wrote:
GaToR wrote:

Intake goes in on the left, routed under the pressurized pipe and up to the SC. The connection from the exit of the SC is from the left, flows down to the intercooler up front, then back out the left to the intake... just my take. lol, that air is going to be tossing and turning a lot, that's for sure.

You're right, I missed the fog-light delete for the sake of more PVC going behind the passenger fenderwell where the stock airbox would be.