All-New 2014 Subaru Forester

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

All-New 2014 Subaru Forester

Post by Sabre »

We had a leaked thread, but I figured I would start a new one with the official stuff.
Torque

Subaru has just announced the pricing for the all-new 2014 Subaru Forester, which starts at $21,995. The 2014 Forester 2.5i model will be available in base, Premium, Limited and top-line Touring versions. Pricing for the Forester begins at $21,995 for the base model 2.5i with a six-speed manual transmission. The turbocharged Forester 2.0XT will be offered in the Premium and Touring versions, with the Premium trim offered at $27,995.

The fourth-generation Forester will be offered with either a naturally-aspirated 2.5L four-cylinder engine with 170 horsepower or a new 2.0L turbocharged engine with 250 horsepower and 258 lb-ft. of torque. The 2014 Forester comes standard with Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and will lead the segment in all-wheel drive fuel economy, with the 2.5i model achieving 24 mpg city / 32 mpg highway / 27 mpg combined.

The all-new 2014 Forester is available with Subaru Eyesight driver assistance system and all-new STARLINK cabin technology. High-line 2014 Forester models equipped with the CVT also feature new Hill Descent Control and a new X-Mode control feature, which provides extra control in certain driving conditions. Other new amenities and conveniences include rear vision camera, color multi-function display, power rear gate with automatic close and Keyless Access and Start. The available navigation system features smartphone integration with the driver-friendly Aha audio application. The top-line Touring models come standard with a navigation system and 440-watt harman/kardon audio system.
Looks like they have made some nice upgrades!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: All-New 2014 Subaru Forester

Post by PGT »

I wonder what the transmission option(s) will be for the FXT. Hope it at least gets the 5EAT
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

PGT wrote:I wonder what the transmission option(s) will be for the FXT. Hope it at least gets the 5EAT
Apparently turbo is 100% synonymous with CVT for this Forester. :cry:
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

:wtf:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Yerp. The car pictured above is the new XT Touring model with CVT.

My "senior" sales guy here at the store was going over the features of the new 2014MY Foz with his customer yesterday. He explained that the new XT intercooler is a front-mount? :screwy: I had to explain to him after the fact that it is still a top-mount that has ducting to feed it outside air.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ :lol: and that is why you are the number #1 sales person in the region.... you know what you're talking about!

I'll be honest: I see sports cars history going like this:
Manual
Single clutch auto
Dual clutch auto
CVT

I think that all sports cars and regular cars will be CVT's eventually. It just makes more sense from a performance (get RPMS to peak torque and stay there) and from a ecological stand point (get RPMs as low as possible without building boost or just low in a NA car.) CVT's will be faster than any dual clutch system out there eventually.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

We may be looking at trading/selling my Wife's 2012 Impreza Limited for the 2014 Forester due to the new baby. Our backs hurt from leaning over to reach in and pull out the car seat and kido.

I tried out the Crosstrek and there is not roo much more room in the back and you also lost a lot of trucnk space.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Everything is heading towards AWD and CVT. What type of engine will be the default in the future is still up in the air but my guess is pure electric.

The looks on this new model are a little hard to swallow but foresters have never been the prettiest on the road although you can make them look pretty decent with aftermarket bits. And of course Subaru will keep teasing us with STI concepts of some sort but we will only get a diluted/dumbed down sport version :(
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

i'm honestly torn right now. we need more ground clearance than our current forester offers, but it wouldn't hurt to have more room as well. it might be between this and a new 4runner when the time comes. i'm very interested to learn more about this car after the aftermarket gets a hold of it. i think it's currently a smoking deal of a vehicle for its niche.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

complacent wrote:i'm honestly torn right now. we need more ground clearance than our current forester offers, but it wouldn't hurt to have more room as well. it might be between this and a new 4runner when the time comes. i'm very interested to learn more about this car after the aftermarket gets a hold of it. i think it's currently a smoking deal of a vehicle for its niche.
250/250 for the XT, EyeSight, HID's Keeyless Acess/Start and better mileage than the outgoing naturally aspirated model? I don't even need the aftermarket for this one. I'd get it and just do an OEM+ build on it like the BRZ. They've already got a sick LED kit for the JDM models. But the 4Runner is some seriously stiff competition against anything.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

don't get me wrong, i'm interested for all of the reasons (plus x-drive!!) that you are.

my sole concern at this point is ground clearance and off-road capabilities.

if i can fit bigger tires underneath the strut perches, i'm insanely interested. i just don't think i can roll with less than around ten inches of ground clearance. i'd love to stay in the suby fam.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

4-Runner is a big bitch these days.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

PGT wrote:4-Runner is a big bitch these days.
yessir. it's a reasonable alternative to a full-size truck.

it's also a 40-frigging-k big bitch when in trail form.

i like it, but damn. that's a lot of coin.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

complacent wrote:don't get me wrong, i'm interested for all of the reasons (plus x-drive!!) that you are.

my sole concern at this point is ground clearance and off-road capabilities.

if i can fit bigger tires underneath the strut perches, i'm insanely interested. i just don't think i can roll with less than around ten inches of ground clearance. i'd love to stay in the suby fam.
Hmmm. Little tricky. It's starting at 8.7". I'd say you could prolly do it with a Subtle 1" Lift Kit and a lil bit taller tire. I just don't know how tall you could go on the tire?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

thermobox wrote: Hmmm. Little tricky. It's starting at 8.7". I'd say you could prolly do it with a Subtle 1" Lift Kit and a lil bit taller tire. I just don't know how tall you could go on the tire?
yep, that's more or less the path i was considering. i've currently got 75s on my forester. it looks like the stock tires for the touring model are 225/55/18s. if i could stuff a 65 or 70 under there, i'd feel better about ground clearance.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

I would contact King Springs and see if they are planing on making a set of springs for the new Forester. Here is a 1st gen forester with King Springs and 1" spacers:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... st151.html
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

Hopefully going this weekend to look at a 2014 Forester...I will pushing for the XT...

BTW: 2014 forester can use the 2013 Forester aftermarket exhaust and 8-13 wrx / 11-12 sti Sedan Exhaust fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qySndCBdqiI[/video]

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... nl-175129/
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

NICE!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

Took Gaby in to look at the Forester and she likes the rear seating space, but not the look of the forester. She is leaning toward the Outback...