86 MANIA AT TOKYO AUTO SALON 2013

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

91 cars. That’s how many 86s/BRZs/F-RSs were on display at this year’s Tokyo Auto Salon. Never in the history of this show has one car been quite so popular. However what really makes the hachiroku, and its other guises, stand out is that it seems to have been adopted by pretty much every single car scene in Japan. I did my best to hunt most of these 91 cars in order to bring you the best I came across so let’s take an extra-long look at what can only be described as the Japanese “86 mania!”

Follow the link for TONS of photos.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 86 MANIA AT TOKYO AUTO SALON 2013

Post by Sabre »

Holy hell batman that is a lot of photo's! Great to see it being rep'ed everywhere... I'm just hoping it doesn't turn in to the next Civic in the import scene :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

It's good and it's cheap: it will. But don't let that stop you from enjoying it. Just be careful where you meet your peer group... :lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:It's good and it's cheap: it will. But don't let that stop you from enjoying it. Just be careful where you meet your peer group... :lol:
True, it doesn't make the car any less awesome :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Sabre wrote:Holy hell batman that is a lot of photo's! Great to see it being rep'ed everywhere... I'm just hoping it doesn't turn in to the next Civic in the import scene :(
To late. The pricing makes it as such. The only difference is that the Civic is produced in the 300K to the FR-S/BRZ's 15.5K annually.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Are we talking first year production numbers for both models?
How many Civic coupe Si's are produced? I think that would be a better comparo.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Yep, first year total production number. I kinda thought the same thing about the Si. But I look at the Civic ricer community as a whole. If you were only looking at the Si, it's prolly around 15K or so given a 5% of total sales. So if you were strictly going BRZ/FR-S vs Si 2D/4D, we're pretty close.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Mr Kleen wrote:It's good and it's cheap: it will. But don't let that stop you from enjoying it. Just be careful where you meet your peer group... :lol:
so true! After owning many Honda's, it took me a year or two of owning a Subaru to realize it was ok to use my real name and (general) location of my house. :lol:
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

It happens to just about every car with a following. Browse around www.1addicts.com sometime. There are people using plastidip to paint all sorts of stripes on their cars, guys putting different colored BMW logos on the car, brightly colored "air scoops" behind the grill, and on and on... :puke:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

it's a bit of a ricer confession, but the wide, white spokes of the rays/work/volks kin really catch me from time to time.

i can't explain it properly.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz