Scion shows off trio of SEMA-bound FR-S coupes [w/video]

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Scion shows off trio of SEMA-bound FR-S coupes [w/video]

Post by Mr Kleen »

Scion shows off trio of SEMA-bound FR-S coupes (w/video)
In preparation for this year's SEMA show in Las Vegas, Scion approached three tuners with the chance to go head to head in a design competition. Each entrant received its own FR-S, $15,000 and three months to turn its show-car vision into reality. Judges at the show will score each ride on a variety of merits, and the winning builder will go home with a $10,000 check.

Chicago native John Toca's Carbon Stealth FR-S boasts a Vortech Supercharger as well as a host of Cusco suspension bits. A full body kit, wheels and a suite of high-end audio components define the coupe, while a custom alcantara interior and leather Reacaro buckets add to the show car's flavor.

If we had to pick a winner right now, it would probably be Daniel Song's FR-S GT (above). The Orange County, California resident decided to eschew the typical show car regimen for a pared-down GT racer look. The car features a widebody kit penned by JONSIBAL along with a full roll cage, a Sparco racing seat and plenty of carbon fiber. Song's FR-S uses the same Vortech Supercharger as Toca's creation.

Of course, we're fond of Chris Basselgia's "minty FReSh" FR-S, too. With its wild paint, a full leather interior retrim and a stack of audio gear, it's easy to write this car off as just another show queen, But Basselgia shoved in a custom billet intake as well as an Eaton blower for a little more pep. Full Neo Motorsports 6-piston calipers are also part of the recipe. You can check out each builder's introductory video below, as well as the full press release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... afe=active[/video]

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Scion shows off trio of SEMA-bound FR-S coupes [w/video]

Post by Sabre »

Interesting to see the different attitudes, that's for sure. I really like the look of the first one :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I want to know more about this supercharger kit.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Scion FR-S Tuner Challenge declares a winner
Autoblog wrote:We're all still a little taken aback at the sheer number of Scion FR-S mods we've seen at SEMA this year. Not only did the FR-S win the Best of Show award for the Sport Compact class, but based on gross tonnage the rear-drive Scion has got to be one of the most popular models in the tuner world today.

But of all the FR-S customs on display, it was this trio from Scion's tuner build-off that were up for the chance to win a fat $10,000 grand prize. We brought you the stories of Daniel Song, Chris Basselgia and John Toca last week, all of who built some pretty stellar, modded coupes.

Earlier on the show floor, Scion announced that Mr. Basselgia's "minty FReSh" car was the most well liked by the judges. We'd like to extend our congratulations to him, and to all of the hard working contestants.
Proving once again that I'm completely out of touch [with SEMA] they picked my #3 out of 3 as the winner.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote: Proving once again that I'm completely out of touch [with SEMA] they picked my #3 out of 3 as the winner.
:lol: :plusone:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.