Alvin

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

supasixfo
Bicycle

Alvin

Post by supasixfo »

Hey DCAWD.

My name is Alvin. I got a chance to meet some of you at the last meet @ 4P's. For everyone else, I hope to meet you at a future meet! Just moved down here from CT. I come from a dev background but am starting work as an "info sec engineer" (the concept of engineering information security eludes me, but that's likely a discussion for a later date).

Though the gmc jimmy is the dd right now, I am almost a bit embarassed on here to say I have an evo (seeing as i was greeted by a fleet of subarus @ 4P). cyber daithi sent me here from pittsburgh, yes he's real, i know him! I started out in a subaru legacy though.

I am a really big Rally fanatic - anyone else going to the STPR in wellsboro, pa on 6/5/09? - my friend and i have been doing the FLR winter rally series for a few years now (180 miles, 90% dirt, lots of snow to paint a picture), and have all the cracks, gravel dings, paint trades with tree branches, and obliterated skid plates (think we're on our 4th design?) to prove it. I've done a couple autoX, rallyX, and lap days though - i'm really just trying to learn everything i can about being a better driver.

In my past life, I used to work on my cousin kenny's '06 wrx, my cousin roger's '05 sti, and there's a 1990 eagle talon tsi back home we were working on for a project car, and believe me when i say, an eagle talon was the car to pick to learn how to fix everything on a car :P
beaver_run_06_055.jpg
IMG_3701.JPG
DSC_0864_f.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alvin
Black Box rally team
Our blog: http://www.blackboxrally.com
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/blackboxrally
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Alvin

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Alvin is a good friend of mine. He's good people. Kinda bummed you aren't in PGH anymore man but at least now I have a good excuse to head south and say hi to the DCAWD crew.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Welcome! I have met the one they call Cereb Daithi, too...he is real. :lol:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

welcome alvin. sorry i didn't get a chance to chat more at 4p's.

oh and don't feel embarassed about driving an evo. several folks in dcawd rock dsm's.
-Ben
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

welcome. glad to see you made it out to a meet already. hope to see you at the next one if i get lucky enough to attend one myself. this club was kicked off with all cars present it's just the subies that are left after the dust settled.
ben-an evo is not a dsm. it's a mitsubishi. kinda like calling a jeep wrangler an amc wrangler.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i know. i was speaking about mitsubishi in general, sucka.
-Ben
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

glad you could make it out, welcome to the club. :D
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

welcome!
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

supasixfo wrote: I come from a dev background but am starting work as an "info sec engineer" (the concept of engineering information security eludes me, but that's likely a discussion for a later date).
There are a couple people around you could talk to about that stuff... :) Just a couple computer geeks / developers / engineers running around.

Good to meet you!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Welcome Alvin!

Looking forward to meeting you at one of the meets in the near future :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Alvin! Glad to see you made it to the boards. It was great meeting you the other night, but I'm sorry I didn't get much time to talk to you since I was on the other end of the table from ya. Hopefully next time we can catch up. It's always GREAT to see someone using their car like you do!

Oh, and about the sea of Subaru's: Trust me when I say, it's great to see something besides a Subaru at our meets!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

I ride a motorcycle. :crazy:

But really, welcome!

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
supasixfo
Bicycle

Post by supasixfo »

thanks all for the warm welcome! haha didn't know if this was one of those religiously opposed subie groups, but AFAICT everyone i meet at the meet is a big awd enthusiast. sweet.
There are a couple people around you could talk to about that stuff... :) Just a couple computer geeks / developers / engineers running around.
haha good to see i'll be able to spout computer jargon with the rest of the crowd here... i sense a pattern between computers and cars hmm...
sorry I didn't get much time to talk to you since I was on the other end of the table from ya...It's always GREAT to see someone using their car like you do!

no worries, i'm sure they'll be plenty of time to talk cars at a future meet! i got a great intro into DCAWD from the folks i meet @ 4P! hah, yeah, i would have to say, any evo that hasn't seen a bit of dirt/snow is missing out on the whole WRC history - this is where our awd cars really shine.
Alvin
Black Box rally team
Our blog: http://www.blackboxrally.com
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/blackboxrally