New to DCAWD

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

SkullWRX
I'm a n000b

New to DCAWD

Post by SkullWRX »

Hey DCAWD! I just heard about this site from Mark (drives the black Subaru FXT), so I thought I'd sign up. A little about me:
I'm a law student at GW, came up here from Atlanta, and lived in California until 2002.

More importantly, a little about my car:
2004 Subaru WRX wagon, blue. Mods: Ceramic coated up and down pipes, silicone hoses, poly bushings, anti-life kit, bigger sways (I don't remember the exact settings anymore, but they're on the order of 26mm), rear strut tower bar, and the crem-de-la-crem- 11:1 steering ratio (effectively 2 turns lock-to-lock)....

I'm looking forward to coming out to a meet soon and meeting everyone.
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Re: New to DCAWD

Post by snaab »

Welcome!

I'm glad I get the first chance to greet you, although I currently reside in California myself, and no longer have a Subaru. Besides those minor points, I am still a member 8)

Go to the next meet you can and you will find that DCAWD is filled with a variety of people who bring knowledge, experience, and fun to a car club!
RJ
'13 Mazda3
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Welcome to the boards!

Check out our meeting threads and come on out. Next meet (I think) is on Monday October 20th down in Springfield - at Hard Times Café.

I've gotta admit, I'm not familiar with an "anti-life kit". Care to bring an amateur like myself up to speed?

--Alan
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Why halo thar!

I'm super-jealous about your rack! I put an STi rack in my Forester XT and was super glad I did. I can only imagine what an 11:1 is like. :dropgob:

Alan, I think he meant anti-lift kit. Haha.

I bet your car is quite the cone-carver. Looking forward to meeting it and you at a meet soon.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

WRXWagon2112 wrote: I've gotta admit, I'm not familiar with an "anti-life kit". Care to bring an amateur like myself up to speed?
Anti-life kits usually come on two wheels with far more power than is actually necessary, and reduce lifespan by throwing their drivers into lightposts, ditches, and so on.

And, of course, welcome. How did you get an 11:1 steering ratio?
rocket scientist
The Gray Ghost
I walk to work

Post by The Gray Ghost »

Hey Kevin,

Glad to see that you posted up. You will really like this forum..very similiar to WRX Atlanta...

Mark :D
2010 GGM LGT Premium
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

welcome aboard 8)
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Welcome to DCAWD. I am the resident Monkey King. Anything you need to know about monkeys? I'm your man. Need a team of monkeys to lay waste to a small village? I'm your man. Want to sing along with "Hey Hey We're The Monkees"? I'm your man. Want somebody to explain the monkey scene from the last Indiana Jones movie? Find somebody else.

P.S. I was confused about the anti-life kit too. I was thinking Death-Proof, but opposite. :)

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Welcome, we can always use more wagons!

(says the guy with two)
SkullWRX
I'm a n000b

Post by SkullWRX »

Hey all, Sorry about the delayed replies, it's been quite a week. I did mean "anti-lift" kit, anti-life is having too much faith in a suspension on wet roads with bald tires. 11:1 comes from a 1.5:1 steering reducer between the steering column and the steering rack. It increases the weight when you turn the wheel substantially, but I prefer it.

I'm going to try to make it out to a meet soon, but this and next weekend are already lost because of school and a trip down to Atlanta for Homecoming. Looking forward to meeting you all soon!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'd like to drive a WRX that rack, even if it's only in a parking lot. maybe with some cones? :wink: :mrgreen:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Welcome to DCAWD! Sorry I'm late to the game, I was out of the country!

That's a great setup you have there! I take it you're an AutoX'er?

Looking forward to meeting you sometime soon!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Sabre, you can use that line, I own it!

Congrats on finding the club and suffering through our banter. It will make more sense when you come out to a meet.
Z
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote:Sabre, you can use that line, I own it!

Congrats on finding the club and suffering through our banter. It will make more sense when you come out to a meet.
Z
I can? Sweet! ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
The Gray Ghost
I walk to work

Post by The Gray Ghost »

I told Kevin that you are the best club around. I have known Kevin since 2005 from WRX Atlanta.

Mark :D
2010 GGM LGT Premium
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Best club around?!?! I wouldn't go that far. The doughnut club at the office is pretty bad-ass.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Libra Monkee wrote:Best club around?!?! I wouldn't go that far. The doughnut club at the office is pretty bad-ass.

As is the whisky of the month club. As is the n00die bar of the month club.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

we're the best because we include the donut, whiskey and n00die clubs. :lol:
The Gray Ghost
I walk to work

Post by The Gray Ghost »

Mr Kleen wrote:we're the best because we include the donut, whiskey and n00die clubs. :lol:

LOL.... :lol:
2010 GGM LGT Premium
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Mr Kleen wrote:we're the best because we include the donut, whiskey and n00die clubs. :lol:
Well, I've got the whisky, I'm sure Chuckles can handle the donuts, but where do the noods come in? ha ha! double entêndre!
rocket scientist