New member saying hi

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

jba3
I'm a n000b

New member saying hi

Post by jba3 »

Hi everybody. Just signed up here. Been a long-time and frequent poster on dcevoclub (same name).

Decided that due to some political BS over there, and my car ownership, I'd be happier over here. :lol:

I've got a couple rides.

2003 Evo VIII, in rough shape but pending some repairs
1995 Mitsu 3000GT VR4 Coupe, BPU
1995 Mitsu 3000GT VR4 Spyder, 1 of 817 ... with the awesome blown motor and broken top mods :oops:

I don't make meets too often due to living in Charles Town, WV. But I work in Sterling, VA so hopefully that's close enough to count as DC. ;)

Howdy!
AWD FTMFW!

Evo, VR4 Coupe, VR4 Spyder
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: New member saying hi

Post by Mr Kleen »

welcome aboard! hopefully you won't find any political BS, just the regular kind of BS. :rolllaugh:

there are some great roads in WV. :mrgreen:
jba3
I'm a n000b

Post by jba3 »

Mr Kleen wrote:welcome aboard! hopefully you won't find any political BS, just the regular kind of BS. :rolllaugh:

there are some great roads in WV. :mrgreen:
The BS was forum members actions outside of the forum, so I can't fault the forum itself, but I don't condone the actions and would prefer to disassociate myself from them. I have no problems with the "regular kind of BS". :D

Going to search to find out how to get some DCAWD stickers, but if someone wants to post before I find it, cool!
AWD FTMFW!

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Mmmm ... I do like them VR4 Spyders. Just wish I had the funds and patience to deal with them. :(

But on the plus side, welcome aboard!

--Alan
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Welcome to the boards! Hope we don't offend you too much, online or IRL. As far as moar stickarz 4 t3h fast4r, P or VP usually has them on hand a one of the meets. More info found here.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
jba3
I'm a n000b

Post by jba3 »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Mmmm ... I do like them VR4 Spyders. Just wish I had the funds and patience to deal with them. :(

But on the plus side, welcome aboard!

--Alan
I've managed to get about 5,000 miles out of mine in like 4 years of ownership. Funds is a much larger requirement than patience. Hence why the motor has been blown for ... 9 months now I believe. :(
Libra Monkee wrote:Welcome to the boards! Hope we don't offend you too much, online or IRL. As far as moar stickarz 4 t3h fast4r, P or VP usually has them on hand a one of the meets. More info found here.
Post a request there. Thanks!
AWD FTMFW!

thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

hello and welcome. maybe you can make the summit point redline event? different members will be there both days.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

o hai der
-Ben
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

y hallo thar! :mrgreen:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Welcome to the boards! Sorry to hear about the troubles with the motor, I know it's not fun :(

Jason and I (Julian) always have stickers on hand :) We might be able to send you some by mail. I have a feeling Jason will take that leed since he's the official DCAWD Paypal man, haha.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
jba3
I'm a n000b

Post by jba3 »

thermobox wrote:hello and welcome. maybe you can make the summit point redline event? different members will be there both days.
Probably so. My house is like 10 miles away from there haha. Location, location, location!! When is it?
Sabre wrote:Welcome to the boards! Sorry to hear about the troubles with the motor, I know it's not fun :(

Jason and I (Julian) always have stickers on hand :) We might be able to send you some by mail. I have a feeling Jason will take that leed since he's the official DCAWD Paypal man, haha.
Excellent. Will either of you be at the summit point event?
AWD FTMFW!

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I should be out there at least one of the days, and we'll probably have folks out there both days.

Thread on the registration at http://forums.dcawd.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6693 We'll open up a second thread coordinating DCAWD shortly.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
4N GTO
I'm a n000b

Post by 4N GTO »

Welcome James, glad to see yet another 3S guy jumping aboard.
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

Welcome! I too am on dcevoclub (EvoLex). I've always felt like DCEvoClub is like a mini EvoM. In fact, of all the local forums I am on, I think DCAWD is best group of guys. Seriously, there is much less BS here.

These Subaru Wackadoo's rock!
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians