Black WRX with PSP Console Mounted

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

slimsaturn
I'm a n000b

Black WRX with PSP Console Mounted

Post by slimsaturn »

Helloe Everyone,

I was at Fairfax Corner on Friday and parked infront of a Black WRX with a PSP mounted off the center console. I was wondering if that member could message me back or someone could identify them for me as I wanted to inquire what they use it for. It seemed a little hard to reach for playing so was interested what function provided. I am a mobile audio and video enthusiast and was dumbfounded when i saw that mounted in the car.

THanks
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Are you sure it was a PSP? If it wsa GameBoy Advanced, it was probably the TurboXS DTEC

Whatever it wsa, it is probably used as a display unit instead of a gaming console.

I would think...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I've heard of people mounting PSPs in their cars but have never seen it personally.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Possibly a Cobb Access Port that's been mis-identified? Maybe a handheld (Palm or Pocket PC)? I would imagine that a PSP mounted on the dash could only be used for displaying info, not for game playing. Though now, with the browser and the wi-fi, it could be used for surfing the internet while sitting near a hot spot! :D

--Alan
slimsaturn
I'm a n000b

Post by slimsaturn »

I am sure it was a PSP as they were using the black logitech case for it was well...

I could understand the hot spot function but i doubt think it has a sniffer program and the web browsing was just unveiled today I think....

The case was this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 2808824848
Mr. Kleen,
DO you know what people used the Mounted PSP for....just standard gaming or soemthing else?