SPOTTED: somebody hack-sawing Julian's STi!!!

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

SPOTTED: somebody hack-sawing Julian's STi!!!

Post by Mr Kleen »

:mrgreen: how did the install(s) go?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

3 bumpers, 2 TurboXS FMIC kits, and one duck call

Post by zaxrex »

Saturday: Julians car goes under the knife first. The Directions are NOT written for and STi. After reconfiguring the undocumented items and a hundred bazillion mark, cut, replace and head scratch cycles, we got the STi done. It took all of Sunday, but that was based on the lack of instructions, and my "Measure three times, cut six" mentality.

When the thottle is stabbed from idle, there is a "thwap" of something slamming shut. We didn't see anything obvious and there were no problems that we could tell. The best part is when we got out on the road and he goosed it. There was this whine/buzz sound under boost that sounded like the world's bigges duck call. Probably a loose coupling or something, but we didn't have time to diagnose it.

Sunday: I get over to Julins after getting my ass handed to me during the playoff game from your hockey league. I have no air intake that works, so we decide just to do the FMIC core placement and bumper cutting on my spare bumper. Thinks go a bit quicker than before on the bumper cutting since we have been down this road before. We get near the end, and Julian realizez that the bumper is the wrong shape. It is too long front to back, and the fog lamp separators are not divided. Son of a bitch!!! Throw that bumper away, and then start making huge cuts on my stock one. Bumper gets cut, core is well exposed and nicely shrouded, but no pipes fitted since I have to ride around with the stock intake and IC 'till my bargain one shows up.

Things to remember:
Angle grinders spit molten plastic onto your skin, mosquitos bite, your butt can make dents in the grass if you sit there two days in a row, freshly cut plastic is just as sharp to the fingers as the blade that made it, Zak leaves razor blades open on the ground, Julian needs to work on his right foot clutch technique, don't be surprised if Saber's car is leading a gaggle of geese in low formation flying, and lastly, I have a wider bumper than Julian does, hell, I have two...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

:shock: sorry I missed all the fun.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

eek! sorry to hear that guys. :shock:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 3 bumpers, 2 TurboXS FMIC kits, and one duck call

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote:Julian needs to work on his right foot clutch technique, don't be surprised if Saber's car is leading a gaggle of geese in low formation flying, and lastly, I have a wider bumper than Julian does, hell, I have two...
right foot clutch technique? Ok, I must be slow today.... I now have Sh!t all over my car BTW. Freaking geese would not leave me alone. I got stopped on the way into work, but the police officer couldn't get up to my car because the geese we're defending the "mother goose"!!!

Install went pretty well I thought. I still cannot believe how much we took off the bumpers... It's ALOT, esp on the WRX. I tightend things up this morning, but I am still making a bit of a squack under boost, haha... I'll go at it again tonight.

BTW, two things that I have noticed: 1.) I have more lag (maybe b/c of my leak, haha) 2.) I know the TXS BOV that came with the kit can be loud, but I have it 100% recir... and it's now quieter than the stock! Reason being that the sound is now going through my FMIC, so it's muffled. I mean, I can bearly hear it!!!! w00t! Now I hope my cat does the same for my exhaust, but I'm not getting my hope too high....
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.