n00b intro... Hello from the AWJunkies

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Tarmac02
I walk to work

n00b intro... Hello from the AWJunkies

Post by Tarmac02 »

Howdy East Coasters. Good to see there's another group of enthusiasts out there that are part of a non-brand specific AWD group.

The SN is because I used to own an 02 WRX with plenty of fun stuff.

I've since moved on to an 04 Evo, here's an early picture... many changes since then.

I'll post up a vid somehwere on here of our most recent meet, I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Posting here on DCAWD because I may someday be moving back to VA.
This is where witty statements usually go.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Glad to meet you! I'm sure I could just look at your site, but at the moment I'm feeling a little lazy, but where do you guys meet? From the video it looks a little like Oceanside, but maybe all the malls in CA look the same. :)

If you get out here definetly look us up.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Tarmac02
I walk to work

Post by Tarmac02 »

Nah it's in Mission Valley. The Pat & Oscar's Cruise is something we pioneered back when AWJ was all Subies. One day I invited some guys from SoCalEvo and it was all over. 6 months later I owned an Evo and AWJunkies was open to anything putting the power to all 4 wheels. One of our guys was in European Tuner's 1.8t Challenge, and of course Bill was representing I-Speed in last years Ultimate Street Car Competition. Sean Morris of RB Motoring is a good friend of the group and he was bringing the unicorn to Extreme Autofest with us... but it met it's demise along the way.

Here's an article that's been on several car sites about the All Wheel Junkies.

http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/articl ... 4&scccid=6

Our latest meet had a raffle where the grand prizes were a set of tires from Dunlop (spons) and ECU reflash via EcuTek from Clark at KingPin , an Invidia uppipe and so on... the biggest we've had yet.

I'll definately look you guys up if I move back east... hard to though because CA is so damn nice... cost of living out here is for the dogs though, so is the 91octane Owl piss I have to fill up with.
Tarmac02
I walk to work

Post by Tarmac02 »

pic of my old baby and my new baby together from last October

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Welcome to the boards! That's a pretty awesome group that you all have there (Just read the Valvoline article). It's always nice to meet a bunch of like-minded individuals. Our largest meet (last summer) was ~85 cars, but we lost the parking lot that night because we just became "too large" for them. Sucks since we never did anything there but walk around :/ We're looking for another parking lot though :)

If any of you guys come out this way, either for vacation or to live, defintely give us a shout! I've always wanted to visit Cali :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Tarmac02
I walk to work

Post by Tarmac02 »

I know the feeling ... after that last meet with 146 cars we might have to rethink where we'll be gathering.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Tarmac02 wrote:I know the feeling ... after that last meet with 146 cars we might have to rethink where we'll be gathering.
I don't know about out there, but the problem around here is a stigma that goes along with the words "car club". We've had lots of ricers and such put a bad taste in people's mouths that ruin it for the rest of us who like just gathering and talking. Hopefully groups like AWDJunkies and DCAWD change that over time :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.