New Member - Spotted Sabre while in my RWD MB C32 AMG

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Carl AMG
I'm a n000b

New Member - Spotted Sabre while in my RWD MB C32 AMG

Post by Carl AMG »

I spotted Sabre on 395 while driving home from work in my MB C32 AMG. He gave me a thumbs up and I told him about my other car. I have a modded '03 WRX (TXS tuned Stage 3, lots of suspension mods, Stoptech BBK) that I autocross and track.

I have lurked on the board occasionally and hope to get some time to get out to some meets.

Carl
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Julian and I were just talking the other day about "the cool benz owner". Welcome to the boards! Where do you track the scooby? I'm pretty partial to Summit Point :)

colin
Carl AMG
I'm a n000b

Post by Carl AMG »

I do a lot of events with the MB club (autocross series and track events) in both my AMG and WRX although I do much more of them in the WRX at this point. They have some great driving events and most are available to non MB cars. http://www.gws-mbca.org/ I also have done a few NASA events.

In the WRX, I've done Summit Point Main a few times and VIR Full a couple of times. I'm actually taking the WRX back to VIR Full for a joint MB/BMW/Audi event next week (6/16 & 6/17).

In the AMG, I've been to Summit Point, VIR and Mid-Ohio. We did time trials at both VIR and Mid-Ohio for the big national MB events. I've also participated in the AMG Challenge (beating on all the different AMG Models) at Summit Point Jefferson and Lime Rock. I have had the pleasure of being instructed by Pierre Kleinubing at Lime Rock and taken hot laps with David Hobbs (f1 announcer on speed and a great race driver in his day). The AMG Challenge is for AMG owners only but it is awesome.

http://www.mbusa.com/amg/experience/cha ... model=null
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

welcome to the club, just don't tell us we aren't real enthusiasts because we don't attend your AMG events. :wink:

Julian was telling me about your encounter when I stopped by Thursday night to pick up the loaner STi exhaust (many thanks, J 8) ). glad you registered, now bring out the AMG sometime! :twisted:

but seriously, welcome to the club!

gabe
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Carl AMG wrote:I do a lot of events with the MB club (autocross series and track events) in both my AMG and WRX although I do much more of them in the WRX at this point. They have some great driving events and most are available to non MB cars. http://www.gws-mbca.org/ I also have done a few NASA events.

In the WRX, I've done Summit Point Main a few times and VIR Full a couple of times. I'm actually taking the WRX back to VIR Full for a joint MB/BMW/Audi event next week (6/16 & 6/17).

In the AMG, I've been to Summit Point, VIR and Mid-Ohio. We did time trials at both VIR and Mid-Ohio for the big national MB events. I've also participated in the AMG Challenge (beating on all the different AMG Models) at Summit Point Jefferson and Lime Rock. I have had the pleasure of being instructed by Pierre Kleinubing at Lime Rock and taken hot laps with David Hobbs (f1 announcer on speed and a great race driver in his day). The AMG Challenge is for AMG owners only but it is awesome.

http://www.mbusa.com/amg/experience/cha ... model=null

Wow. It does sound like you get out and have some fun... Very cool. Looks like the group rates for some of the track events are very fair. Looking forward to meeting you, swapping stories, etc. :)

colin

Post by Guest »

Welcome to the Forum!
I always know who the real cool Subaru owners are when they wave, when you pass one another on the road...
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Saw a CL65 AMG in Tyson's this afternoon... 4.2 second 0-60 convertable... but I could probably settle for the C32 and 4.9 seconds. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: New Member - Spotted Sabre while in my RWD MB C32 AMG

Post by Sabre »

Carl AMG wrote:I spotted Sabre on 395 while driving home from work in my MB C32 AMG. He gave me a thumbs up and I told him about my other car. I have a modded '03 WRX (TXS tuned Stage 3, lots of suspension mods, Stoptech BBK) that I autocross and track.

I have lurked on the board occasionally and hope to get some time to get out to some meets.

Carl
Hello Carl!
Glad that you found your way to our forums :) It's always nice to meet a fellow enthusiest that obviously has a love of cars. I always give a thumbs up to the AMG guys, as I totally respect those cars (and admit to wanting a SLR, but know I'll never be able to afford one), but only about 20% return. I was happy to see that you did! Definitely try to make it out to a meet some time. Our meets are generally very low key, but still enjoyable. If not, maybe we'll see you at one of the race courses!

Take care,
Julian
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.