Obligatory New Guy Post

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Obligatory New Guy Post

Post by Osiros »

What's up DCAWD,

Wanted to pop in and say hey. I'm an 02 WRX Wagon owner (black) that's looking to share the love he has for his car and the fun of driving it with other people who feel the same way. Sounds like this is the place for me. :D

She's pretty much unmodified right now. Only changes so far are a hitch mounted bike rack and a set of Kumho ECSTA ASX tires due to go on tomorrow. (I haven't had her since 02...I bought her used about 6 months ago). Next up is a gauge cluster, short throw shifter, and sway bars. All of this will eventually lead to a Cobb Stage 1 and a new exhaust system (with other goodies occasionally thrown in).

Anyway, I'm 27, married, like to have a good time, and looking for a community to get hooked into to learn more about my car. I'd love to come out and say hey to you all.

Later.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

welcome and hope to see you at some meets

although i haven't been to many myself
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Obligatory New Guy Post

Post by Sabre »

Osiros wrote:What's up DCAWD,
Wanted to pop in and say hey. I'm an 02 WRX Wagon owner (black) that's looking to share the love he has for his car and the fun of driving it with other people who feel the same way. Sounds like this is the place for me. :D
Welcome to the group, sounds like you'll fit right in! We do occasional drives out to the "country" which are nice. Think of back roads with some short S curves with long straight aways occasionally.
Osiros wrote: She's pretty much unmodified right now. Only changes so far are a hitch mounted bike rack and a set of Kumho ECSTA ASX tires due to go on tomorrow. (I haven't had her since 02...I bought her used about 6 months ago). Next up is a gauge cluster, short throw shifter, and sway bars. All of this will eventually lead to a Cobb Stage 1 and a new exhaust system (with other goodies occasionally thrown in).
Cobb's a great way to start! Let us know if you need any help installing things!
Osiros wrote: Anyway, I'm 27, married, like to have a good time, and looking for a community to get hooked into to learn more about my car. I'd love to come out and say hey to you all.
Later.
Hopefully we'll see you at a meet soon :) Our next event is actually this Saturday. We're driving down to Kings Dominion if you are intertested. Next week we also have a meet at the Hard Times in Springfield. Hope to see you there!
Take care,
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Sabre and Wangan_X,

many thanks for the warm welcome! Sabre, prolly won't be able to make the KD meet - was hoping that that was an extra one on top of the local stuffs. :lol: Next weekend finds me out of town for the Mem. Day holiday so I'll have to catch up with the group at the one after that. Suckage, I know, but the summer schedule has kicked in!

Also, many thanks for the offer of help on the installs. Rather than just dropping this girl off somewhere and having someone install a part I'd much rather be a part of it and find out how stuff works and whatnot. I've seen on the site where ya'll have install days and whatnot. That'd be pretty sweet. Glad to hear that Cobb's got the thumb's up too. Saw the thing on the drive at the first of the month. Pissed that I missed that.

Anyway...thanks again guys and I'll catch up with ya as soon as I can!

Os
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

no prob, everyone here is cool, i would love to help with installs, but then i have the lil issue of distance i live south of RVA
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

little late replying (been on my deathbed ill) but welcome!

Sabre pretty much covered all the bases, I think you'll like what we do here :)

colin
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Scooby - thanks for the welcome. Hope you feel better too - had an "on the deathbed ill" situation about 2 or 3 months ago - def. not fun. Seems like the standard "get a cold every year" keeps getting worse and worse every year that goes by. Last one took me out for a week!
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

welcome!
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Thanks schvin!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

come on in, the water's fine... 8)

I've been debating endlessly (just ask Colin, or Matt, or anybody in the club for that matter) about installing an UP & DP. It's an all day job, but I'd be down to help you out so I can learn how to install mine. :wink:
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Mr Kleen wrote:come on in, the water's fine... 8)

I've been debating endlessly (just ask Colin, or Matt, or anybody in the club for that matter) about installing an UP & DP. It's an all day job, but I'd be down to help you out so I can learn how to install mine. :wink:
Thanks :-) Looking forward to the first opportunity to get in on an install day or something. The amount that I don't know about what goes on under the hood in front of me drives me insane!

It'll be a bit before I'm ready to go UP and DP - the first thing I'm going to do is going to be a sweep of:

1. A gauge cluster (EGT, boost, and....dunno...oil pressure??)
2. Sway bars
3. Short throw shifter

Hopefully these should be pretty easy and a nice way to ease into getting comfortable under my hood.

Thanks again for the welcome...hope to meet ya at the next meet!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Henry installed my Kartboy SS in about 15 minutes. I didn't do the bushings. I tried the STi short shifter and I liked the Kartboy better (not to mention the huge price difference 8) )