Another new VR-4 guy!

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

fastasleep
I'm a n000b

Another new VR-4 guy!

Post by fastasleep »

Hi All,

I recently wrote an introduction thread on galantvr4.org so Ill just copy and paste:

My name is Ben, Im 19, and Im a student at Virginia Tech. I like candle-lit dinners, long walks on the beach, and minty fresh Galant VR4s . I recently acquired this incredible marvel of modern mechanics from my grandfather in San Antonio. He was the originial owner in '91 and paid approx. $23,000 for the vehicle at that time. Since then, he rarely drove the car, kept it extremely clean, and always had it garaged. Instead of selling the nile black model 197/2000 to a mitsu dealer in texas for the $7,000 that he was offered for it, he decided to keep it in the family. *Enter me* Obsessed car freak who was scrubbing dishes in a dining hall at VT to save for a 300ZX. Over winter break, my father and I bought one-way plane tickets to San Antonio, and drove back the VR4 and a '98 626 for an incredibly generous price. Ive only been home a few days, but its been inspected, emissions tested, oil changed, and had timing belt and tensioner replaced. I forgot to mention that it only has 65,000 miles on the odo, and its bone stock. I know there are at least two VR4 guys on these boards so I hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully get a chance to see your cars in person. Here are some pics, sorry if theyre rediculously large:

Last edited by fastasleep on Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

Heya Ben!

Glad to see you found DCAWD, I saw your post on galantvr4.org and like most of the people there, I wanted to slap you for having the cleanest VR4 I've ever seen. Very nice ride you have there.

Hopefully sometime you'll be able to bring it up from Tech and visit. I went to Tech for school so I know all about the 'commute' up here to NOVA. I also have a few friends still down there so next time I'm headed that way I'll let you know.

Hope to see you around soon.
Jack
fastasleep
I'm a n000b

Post by fastasleep »

sorry, I guess its sort of a repost for you. What was your major at tech?

Im International Studies with a World Politics and Policy option. I want to be an intelligence officer for a government agency. I may be transferring after spring semester to a less technical-focused and more liberal arts oriented college, but we'll see how this semester goes.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Keeping it stock?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
fastasleep
I'm a n000b

Post by fastasleep »

elzorro wrote:Keeping it stock?
For a little while. Still enjoying the car as it is now. Plus, Im trying to build up a good cash reserve for emergency maintenance issues and pay off a timing belt/tensioner replacement.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

another evo grandaddy, sweet. i have to agree that is probably the cleanest vr4 i have ever seen. have fun with it.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

fastasleep wrote:sorry, I guess its sort of a repost for you. What was your major at tech?

Im International Studies with a World Politics and Policy option. I want to be an intelligence officer for a government agency. I may be transferring after spring semester to a less technical-focused and more liberal arts oriented college, but we'll see how this semester goes.
I studied wood science in the college of forestry. I ended up leaving before finishing after becoming disillusioned with what most of the wood science program was about... i.e. cutting down trees and turning them into paper. It just wasn't what I was really looking for. I found a job shortly after, worked for the Dept. of Labor for four years and then moved over the to US Senate where I currently still am.
Jack
districtlogic
I'm a n000b

Post by districtlogic »

Looks like it came out of a Time-capsule along with a Intel 486 and a Trapper keeper. I'd love to see it in person, get a beater and drop this baby back in the capsule... ahh, on second thought Drive it likes it 1991 and Tsuchiya was still in his early 30's.

Damn its beautiful
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

districtlogic wrote:Looks like it came out of a Time-capsule along with a Intel 486...
You mean I'm not supposed to run XP on a 486DX33? Damn, I need to catch up...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

dude trapper keeper= nostalgia, although i was poor and couldn't afford one, i always had to get my friends from last year :D
districtlogic
I'm a n000b

Post by districtlogic »

LOL.

......good ol 486's those things were like a rock. seriously they make great door stops (heat sink required)