Newbi to DCAWD

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

amusa
I'm a n000b

Newbi to DCAWD

Post by amusa »

I'm from the Silver Spring area. I'm about to own another car soon this week. 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Ltd with Navi. Somehow I ended up getting the loan under my name instead of my wife name. I'm trying to learn as much as I can with the H6 motor and the car itself. I also own a Fully modified Acura Integra, slightly modified Mercedes-Benz CLK500 and my wife stock Honda Civic that I may have it sold to make room for the Legacy if not I'm trading it in. I be very happy once the Civic is gone.
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium
2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
1999 Acura Integra
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Newbi to DCAWD

Post by drwrx »

Welcome to the boards. I would recommend spending some time on legacygt.com.
It is a wealth of information on the Legacy platform in general.

We have only had a few legacy owners in our group. I'm currently one, and all of us had the 2.5 GT, so we are not going to have much input on the 3.6.

From most of my reading, the 2010+ Legacy has been a good quality unit. I haven't read of any of the common problems that plague the 05-09 models (fuel lines, half shafts, control arm bushings, bearings). But then not much goes south on a car in the first 4 years or newer.

The one TSB issue that I'm aware of for the 2.5 is here:
Service Bulletin # 16-90-13 Design Change to Lock-Up Type Torque Converter Torque Converter
Bulletin Description: This bulletin announces the availability of a countermeasure torque converter assembly to address a customer concern of very low engine RPM when coming to a stop. The condition is similar to coming to a stop in a manual transmission equipped vehicle without depressing the clutch pedal. Thrust washer wear inside the torque converter torque converter can cause restriction of the oil passage used to bleed off lock-up clutch application pressure. The result is either a delayed (momentary low engine rpm) or no lock-up pressure release. The thrust washer has been changed from a solid bushing-type to a needle bearing type.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

welcome!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

The 2011 3.6R did not happen. Instead I got a 2013 2.5i dark blue picked it up for $16,500 from Southern Florida. I'm having it shipped out to me next week. My wife is very happy.

I already contacting Subaru for a remote starter because I don't want to void the warranty thru an aftermarket unit. My friend is going to tint the windows to 35%. I'm also looking at OEM fog lights and rear trunk lip.
1999 Acura Integra
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Welcome aboard. You're in a good group, especially now that the troublemakers have been banished to Denver, Tampa and Germany. :wink:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

That's not a half bad deal. Including shipping? Or is that extra?
You'll have to show it off at a meet once it gets in your hands.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

$600 from Fort Lauderdale. If everything goes to plan there shipping it out this Tuesday. I should see it on Friday, I hope everything goes to plan.
1999 Acura Integra
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the boards!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

Thanks.
The car missed the transporter due to yesterday snow day that pushed everything back with the money transfer and final papers. The good news is it will be on the next transporter and everything is now done on my part.
1999 Acura Integra
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:nana:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

I just found out its the 2.5i Premium not the 2.5i basic. Still waiting for clarification on the next transporter. It's getting a set of aftermarket HID kit that I already have. I'm looking for OEM spoiler, OEM remote starter, OEM fog lights and I'm getting it tinted 35%.

Here is a picture of it.
1999 Acura Integra
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

Wednesday: vehicle arrive to house
Thursday: State Inspection
Friday: Gave up on installing the HID kit, then I pair mine and my wife I-phone to the Audio system.
Saturday: HID kit, LED city, LED trunk, LED rear tag plate, Oil change w/subi filter & oil and Brake fluid change.

Next week is window tinting.
1999 Acura Integra
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

was the HID kit hard? or just time consuming?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

Time consuming. Driver side I have to flex the bumper out to get access thru the fender. Very tight since the washer reservoir was in the way. Passenger side was allot easier to get access.
1999 Acura Integra
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Are you going to start the 1K clock on the oil change now, or was that the reason why you changed it in the first place?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

I just want to play it safe since it had aftermarket mickey mouse oil filter. God knows what type of oil they used. Brake fluid starting to change color so that's why I change that as well.

While I had it on the car lift, there was plenty of room to add another muffler. I don't need to cut the bumper either look like the cutout is holding by clips.
1999 Acura Integra
amusa
I'm a n000b

Post by amusa »

Pics of all (3) of my cars

1999 Acura Integra
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Awesome :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI